Is your hair dry, damaged, rough or frizzy? Is your hair not growing to the length you desire?
If so, it could be because you are doing something wrong.
Yes, I was doing wrong with my hairs.
I was using a shampoo which was filled with many chemicals and also, I was not often to get oiled my hairs.
This was the curse for my beautiful hair.
Then, searching a lot on the internet, I came to know that castor oil for hair is the only remedy that everyone’s trying to get stronger and healthier hair.
I have also heard about some essential oil which works great for skin(My own face serum) as well as hair.
These aromatic essential oils penetrate deeply into hair shaft and follicles and help produce healthy, shiny hair.
So, I thought to give a chance to my hairs and made my own hair oil recipe for dandruff and hair fall.
This worked great on my hairs and I am still using my own DIY hair oil. It not only targeted my concerned area, it conditions my hairs too.
So, I thought everyone should get the benefit of castor oil for hair and made some other castor oil recipes which will effectively work and will give proper nourishment to your hairs.
I have used essential oils like tea tree oil and rosemary oil along with castor oil to get more benefits in one application.
Castor Oil is the best option for healthy hair.
There is some rationale that PGD2(Hormones) might lead to hair loss in some people.
Given that ricinoleic acid – a component of castor oil – can block/inhibit PGD2, does appear to lend some evidence to its effects.
The main ingredient of castor oil is ricinoleic acid and omega fatty acids which make it a boon for hair related problems.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of these miraculous components of castor oil.
Benefits of Castor Oil for Hair
The ricinoleic acid of Castor oil.
- Castor oil is a thick and heavy liquid which will you not want to use it for your hair but it’s a proper food for your hair. The ricinoleic acid which accelerates blood circulation to the scalp, hence increasing hair growth.
- It works on nourishing the scalp and strengthening the roots.
- It also has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties making castor oil for hair your secret weapon to treat your damaged hair.
- In the study, scalp tissue with high levels of Prostaglandin E2 had healthy hair growth but in balding areas, it was found in much lower levels. Castor oil made up of 90% of fatty acid chains unclogs the block pores and helps the hair to grow.
- It helps to get rid of the dry scalp which can lead to dandruff and itchy scalp.
Castor oil has Omega Fatty Acids.
- It treats scalp infection can cause major hair problems like bald patches, itchy scalp, etc.
- Castor oil is filled with essential nutrients like vitamin E, omega-6 fatty acids, etc, which will help you to treat split ends and breakage.
- It helps castor oil to get penetrate deeply into the hair follicle and nourish the hair roots.
- Makes hair softer and manageable and controls water loss in hair.
1. Castor oil for hair loss
What will you need
- Castor oil (buy from here)
- Ginger juice
How to apply
- Take castor oil as per your hair density or length of hair and add 1-2 tablespoons of fresh ginger juice. Mix them properly and apply to the scalp first, targeting more on affected area and then to the hairs.
- Keep this mixture for 20-30 minutes and wash it off with herbal shampoo.
- Repeat this for 2-3 times a week to prevent hair loss and for the regrowth of new hairs.
Ginger juice has the power to regrow the hairs as it stimulates the hair follicles by increasing blood circulation to the scalp.
It clears the clogged pores by removing dirt and product build-up and Castor oil will provide proper hair nourishment by conditioning hair deeply and also by providing essential nutrients necessary for preventing hair loss like vitamin E, omega fatty acids etc.
Both ingredients are the perfect for hair loss.
2. Castor oil for dandruff
What will u need
- Castor oil (buy from here)
- Aloe Vera gel (buy from here)
- Tea Tree Oil (buy from here)
How to apply
- Take castor oil according to your hair density and mix 2-3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Now, add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil into the mixture and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp properly and keep it for 30-40 minutes. Wash it off with herbal shampoo. Repeat this for 3-4 times a week to get the fast result.
Aloe vera gel has the essential nutrients that help to regulate healthy sebum, an oily substance secreted by the scalp, which keeps hair from drying out and breaking off.
In addition, Vitamin C fights dandruff causing microbes and calms itchy scalp.
A mixture of castor oil and aloe vera gel will make your hair healthy, provide moisture to the hair strand and will remove dandruff too.
Tea tree oil has antiseptic, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties which kill the harmful microbes causing dandruff.
It also promotes hair growth and minimizes the hair fall problem.
After applying this natural remedy you will get relieved from dandruff and itchy scalp related to dryness.
Castor oil for Hair Growth
What will you need
- Castor oil (buy from here)
- Almond Oil (buy from here)
- Rosemary oil (buy from here)
How to apply
- Take a small bowl and mix equal quantity of castor oil and almond oil as per hair requirement. Now, place this bowl in a larger bowl containing hot water. This will warm the oil and warm oil will deep condition your hair and scalp. Then, add 2-3 drops of rosemary oil and mix well.
- Make partitions of your hair and apply the oil mixture to the scalp and hair. Keep this for 30-40 minutes or overnight and rinse it off with herbal shampoo. Repeat 3-4 times a week to promote hair growth fast.
Castor oil carries ricinoleic acid and omega- 6 essential fatty acids and almond oil have vitamin A and E which accelerate blood circulation to the scalp, hence increasing hair growth.
It works on nourishing the scalp and strengthening the roots with the help of essential nutrients.
Rosemary essential oil is one of the premier hair growth enhancing essential oils.
It is packed with antioxidants which help scavenge free radicals – that are responsible for graying as well as hair thinning.
It is also effective for treating dandruff, itchiness, scalp irritation and oily skin.
Susan NienhuisJune 14, 2017 at 10:52 am
Do you buy ginger juice, or make your own?
MamtaJune 15, 2017 at 5:32 am
Hi, Susan, you should make your own ginger juice and not the one available in stores. If you buy from the store then it will have preservatives which are not good for your hair.
Jeanette foxJuly 3, 2017 at 12:16 pm
How do you make ginger juice ?
MamtaJuly 6, 2017 at 5:23 pm
Hi Jeanette, here are the steps I follow to make ginger juice –
1. Peel the outer covering of ginger.
2. Cut the peeled ginger into smaller chunks.
3. Use a mixer (or a grater) to make a paste out of chopped ginger. Add some water if the paste is too pulpy.
4. Use a cheesecloth or muslin cloth to extract the juice from the paste.
Lyn HillmanJuly 19, 2017 at 9:55 pm
Would the ground ginger in the squeeze bottles the stores sell work? There is nothing but ginger in it.
MamtaJuly 25, 2017 at 6:21 am
Hi Lyn, if it’s organic then you can use it.
AllieSeptember 11, 2017 at 8:36 pm
I use ginger products from The Ginger People and have found them to be fresh and pure. Unfortunately, they may not sell the juice anymore; however, you can buy the jarred crushed ginger and squeeze out the juice. Our local health food store carries these products but I usually order on-line. The last carrier I know of is Abe’s (on-line) Market. Good luck!!
Nestor DupaleJuly 28, 2017 at 8:59 am
What is the exact amount of castor oil to mix with 1 – 2 table spoon of ginger juice?
MamtaAugust 11, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Hi Nestor, take castor oil as per your hair requirements. You can use 1 table spoon of castor oil. Apply to scalp and the left over to your hairs.
DobiAugust 30, 2017 at 12:14 am
Hi, I am in Papua New Guinea so where will I find Castor Oil, is it in the Pharmacies or where? Coz I don’t find any
MamtaSeptember 2, 2017 at 8:24 am
Hi Dobi, you will get castor oil in an herbal store or in cosmetic store. You can also try in canadian pharmacies but I doubt you will get there. You can always try Amazon or an online retailer to ship it to your country.
NomfundoOctober 24, 2017 at 6:32 pm
Which castor oil are we talking about? The one we use as a taxative or is there any other castor oil?
MamtaOctober 26, 2017 at 4:50 pm
Yes, you can use laxative castor oil. This is the general purpose castor oil available in the market.
BeatrizNovember 7, 2017 at 10:43 pm
What if u have dry scalp and want hair growth…can you mix all together or use it separately?
MamtaNovember 15, 2017 at 4:20 pm
You don’t need to mix all the ingredients if you want to get rid of dry scalp and want hair growth. Just follow the remedy for dry scalp and dandruff written in the post and that will work for hair growth as well.
AJGradisherNovember 15, 2017 at 5:57 am
Hiw do you determine how much castor oil is required for your hair? I have very fine hair and psoriasis on my scalp.
Also, do you have any recommendations for herbal shampoos? Do you create your own or is there a brand you’ve found to be effective?
MamtaNovember 15, 2017 at 3:54 pm
The amount of castor oil you need is determined by the density and how long your hairs are. For shoulder length hairs, 1-2 tablespoon is enough. You should take only that much amount of oil which can easily cover your hairs and scalp.
I don’t have any recommendations for herbal shampoos. Your shampoo depends on your scalp and hair condition. I have used a couple of herbal shampoos in past without any issues. I use shampoos mostly for cleaning my hairs and scalp and don’t expect much from it. Taking continuous care of your hair is vital for great hairs.
LizDecember 1, 2017 at 7:59 pm
Do u need to refrigerate for ginger juice blend?
MamtaDecember 5, 2017 at 4:46 pm
You can refrigerate ginger juice for 2-3 days but I would recommend you to use it fresh.
Neeraj geetheyDecember 9, 2017 at 7:50 pm
I am 26 male suffering from severe dandruff , hair fall and grey hair. Suggest a remedy to permanently wipe out dandruff and is there a possibility to regrow lost hairs and turn grey hairs into black. A girl rejected me because I have grey hairs.
Looking forward to your reply.
MamtaDecember 19, 2017 at 3:00 pm
To get rid of grey hairs you can check this post.
For dandruff and hairfall you should check this post.
EmiMarch 30, 2018 at 9:54 pm
Can you use castor oil with vinegar?
MamtaMay 11, 2018 at 6:23 am
Hi Emi, yes, you can use castor oil with any organic vinegar.
DeepikaSeptember 13, 2018 at 5:42 pm
My daughter is of 4 yrs n hv very very thin hairs almost bald from side partition which remedy shld I use on her plz help m very worried for her.
MamtaOctober 5, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Mix coconut oil with few drops of lavender oil and apply it on her hairs daily.
CleoMarch 24, 2019 at 3:26 pm
Hello, I just wanted to ask if castor oil is beneficial for oily hair?
MamtaApril 8, 2019 at 6:04 am
Hi Cleo, yes, it is beneficial for oily hairs too.
ShellNovember 2, 2019 at 4:24 am
I am African American and we only was our hair once a week, will the dandruff remedy work? Can you sleep with the remedy one over night?
Thank you in advance
MamtaNovember 22, 2019 at 8:04 am
Yes, the remedy will work and you can apply this remedy overnight too.