Bananas are considered as a great source of energy as it contains a good amount of fiber, vitamins, and proteins. It is among the most popular healthy fruits on earth. Banana is not only good for health, it can also provide nutrients to the deep pores of your skin if it is applied topically on the skin and hair. Banana Hair Mask is one of the best masks for hair as it provides nutrients to the dull damaged hair, helps in hair growth or prevents hair loss and makes them soft & shiny. The banana Hair mask is good for all hair types and it is the best natural hair conditioner also. It also controls the flakiness of the scalp which further leads to dandruff due to lack of moisture.
Causes of hair damage
- Using a hard brush and brushing hair violently when wet.
- Chlorine from swimming pools, bleach, hair dyes and other salon treatments.
- Exposure to the sun.
- Excessive use of hair dryers, hair straighteners or hair curler.
- An unhealthy diet can affect the function of the hair follicles which disrupts hair growth.
- Certain medications or treatments damage the hair structure and ultimately lead to hair loss.
Let’s take a look at an effective banana hair mask recipe and the benefits of all the ingredients which will you get from them.
Cinnamon hair mask for strong hair, hair growth and dandruff.
Benefits of Banana Hair Mask
Banana hair mask has powerful ingredients like yogurt, coconut milk, almond oil which benefit our hair a lot.
- While nutritional deficiencies may lead to hair loss, some studies indicate that vitamin B-6 present in banana promotes hair growth.
- Banana has vitamin A which helps to produce healthy sebum, an oily substance secreted by the scalp, which keeps hair from drying out and breaking off. It helps in controlling dandruff. Vitamin A prevents drying of the scalp and promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Yogurt or curd is quite an effective home remedy to add that lustrous sheen to dry and dull looking hair. It can help condition your hair and make it more manageable.
- The Vitamin E of banana is one of the most vital vitamins for hair growth, it’s an antioxidant that repairs and builds tissue, which is essential for healthy hair growth. It increases blood circulation, boosts oxygen supply, and repairs damaged hair follicles.
- The hair follicles require a high amount of protein to become strong, which can be provided by a healthy banana. It is the protein which makes the hair shinier and improves their texture. It can prove to be a quite capable conditioner. Protein helps the body to produce keratin, which is fundamental to the hair structure. When keratin weakens, hair strands are more prone to breakage.
- Almond oil accelerates blood circulation to the scalp, hence increasing hair growth. It works on nourishing the scalp and strengthening the roots with the help of essential nutrients.
- Coconut milk is the best natural ingredient to treat damaged hair. It’s full of antioxidants and nutrients to feed hair follicles that house the live part of the hair, encouraging hair growth.
- Coconut milk is a natural softener. This makes it a great hair conditioner that smoothens your hair.
Aloe Vera Hair Mask for hair growth, dandruff and shiny hair.
Procedure For Banana Hair Mask
- 1 banana
- 1 cup aloe vera Juice (Buy From Here)
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon almond oil (Buy From Here)
- ¼ cup curd or yogurt
- Put banana and aloe vera juice into the blender and blend until no banana chunks are left.
- Now, strain the banana liquid through a strainer to avoid any banana chunks.
- Then, add yogurt, coconut milk, and almond oil to the banana mixture and make a liquidy paste.
- Make a partition of your hair with your hand and apply the banana hair mask to the scalp and hairs.
- Cover your hair and scalp with hair mask completely and wear a shower cap.
- Rinse it off after 30-40 minutes with normal water.
- Repeat it at least once in a week.
YaminiJanuary 10, 2017 at 10:02 am
I came across your blog on pinterest and really loved your content.Love the long detailed posts that you do.Awesome blog…Keep up the good work dear.
MamtaJanuary 13, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Hi Yamini, thanks for those kind words. I think a long content satisfies the reader. That’s the whole purpose of writing these posts. Also thanks for finding me on Pinterest. Do keep visiting here and Pinterest to find more awesome content.
banana hair maskApril 24, 2017 at 8:59 am
Wonderful content is there on your blog. I got good information on your blog compared to other blogs. It is very useful to me. Thanks for sharing this information and keep share good information on your blog.
Lucia O.September 23, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Do you rinse the hair mask?, wouldn’t the oil leave hair greasy?
MamtaSeptember 24, 2017 at 5:02 am
Hi Lucia, Yes, you have to rinse hair after applying the mask with shampoo. No, this won’t make your hair greasy if you are facing dry and damaged hair problem.
YuanNovember 30, 2017 at 9:26 am
Well described and most important is so easy to make as I have a very busy schedule that’s best for me. Thank you so much.
Amber DeMarsApril 21, 2018 at 6:46 pm
Do you apply on wet or dry hair?
MamtaMay 9, 2018 at 8:36 am
Hi Amber, you can apply the mask to wet hair.
Gunjan BihariJune 21, 2018 at 4:33 am
can this be applied to oily scalp(not oiled hair)? the hairs are falling like rains
MamtaJuly 4, 2018 at 10:58 am
This mask is for damaged and dry hairs. For hair fall you can refer this post – http://alluringsoul.com/8-carrier-oil-for-hair-growth-healthy-hair/
ShashankJuly 13, 2018 at 11:21 pm
Can you suggest any popular mild shampoo sulfate free for thin hairs to make it soft and bouncy??
Not going for reetha and wow shampoo as both makes the hair dry !!!
MamtaFebruary 5, 2019 at 6:14 am
I am assuming that you live in India, you can try shampoos from St.Botanica, morpheme Remedies and Biotique. These brands have natural skin care and hair care product.
JessicaJuly 19, 2018 at 5:14 am
Well described. I have a dry hair and I heard from my sister that egg mask effects on me. But can I replace olive oil with castor oil? Please help me out. Thank you in advance.
MamtaJuly 23, 2018 at 5:11 am
Hi Jessica, Yes you can replace castor oil with castor oil.
BettieAugust 5, 2018 at 4:59 pm
I am constantly browsing online for articles that can help me.
pallavi mehrotraJanuary 27, 2019 at 2:02 pm
what to use if we dont have coconut milk
MamtaJanuary 28, 2019 at 7:44 am
You can use egg or simply increase the amount of yogurt in the recipe.
JovanaDecember 5, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Wow, this hair mask is sooo good!
I used aloe vera gel from my own plant instead of the juice and I didn’t have coconut milk, so I used almond milk. It turned out amazing. I didn’t even need conditioner. And it’s so easy to style my hair now…
Thank you so much for the recipe!