(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Living with frizz and dryness can be the most frustrating thing on the planet, especially when you have curly hair. Frizzy hair is a result of a lacking hair care regimen, and that’s why a little extra attention is all it takes to tackle the problem. A perfect leave-in hair moisturizer can be a perfect solution to control brittle and dry hair. A leave-in hair moisturizer becomes more effective when it contains natural ingredients like aloe vera juice and natural oils.
Let’s take a look at what are the benefits of aloe vera leave-in hair moisturizer.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera Leave-In Hair Moisturizer
Aloe Vera contains necessary vitamins and minerals which are required for proper cell growth. It helps to produce sebum (skin oils) on the scalp, which prevents hair from drying out and breaking. Vitamin B12 in aloe vera is important for a healthy scalp. Because of this, it can help to boost hair regrowth. Aloe vera helps in moisturizing your scalp and hair, keeps them hydrated.
Coconut oil is high in antioxidants, which helps to prevent free radical damage to the body, including heat and environmental damage. It is one of the best natural treatments for hair. It brings back the softness to your hair thanks to its fatty acids. Coconut oil nourishes the scalp because the oil is a natural antifungal, antimicrobial, antibacterial and has soothing properties. It can also offer relief from dandruff conditions.
Shea butter prevents the hair from drying out and becoming brittle, a common problem in hot, windy conditions. It seals in the moisture by coating each strand of hair in a thin, non-greasy layer of fat. Since the butter can penetrate deep into the skin layers, it may help reduce the hair pores inflammation and make the scalp and hair healthy.
Olive oil will help you keep your hair healthy and soft. Much like coconut oil, olive oil has healing and softening properties that will make your hair healthy and shiny. It helps in hair growth due to its vital vitamins and nutrients contents.
Almond oil contains all kinds of healthy ingredients for hair like fatty acids, vitamin E, and magnesium. It nourishes and strengthens the hair, and is optimal for treating hair loss and damaged hair. It makes hair manageable and gives shine to hairs.
Rosemary essential oil is great to get rid of hair loss and thinning. Rosemary treats alopecia through resolving the underlying hair loss cause as opposed to fighting hair loss symptoms itself.
Studies reveal that Rosemary essential oil achieves similar hair growth effects as minoxidil – a conventional hair growth booster. Rosemary essential oil, however, is applauded for its fewer side effects when compared to minoxidil. This makes Rosemary a safer hair growth option. (source)
Procedure To Make Aloe Vera Leave-In Hair Moisturizer
- 1 cup aloe vera juice (Buy From Here)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (Buy From Here)
- 3 tablespoon shea butter (Buy From Here)
- 2 tablespoon emulsifying wax NF (Buy From Here)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (Buy From Here)
- 1 tablespoon almond oil (Buy From Here)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (Buy From Here)
- 35-40 drops rosemary essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 16 oz glass container (Buy From Here)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid germall plus presevative (Buy From Here)
- Put some water(1-inch level) in a wide flat bottomed pan and simmer it over low to medium-low heat.
- Put the aloe vera juice into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place the measuring cup in your prepared water.
- Now, put coconut oil, almond oil, shea butter, olive oil, and emulsifying wax NF into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place that measuring cup in the prepared water as well.
- Heat both parts through for 20-30 minutes; this ensures the oil part is thoroughly melted.
- After 20-30 minutes, pour the water part into the oil part. Remove both measuring cups from the water and set it on a dishtowel to insulate it from the countertop. Note: The oil mixture and aloe vera juice should be at same temperature before mixing them.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the solution together. After a minute or two of blending, leave it to cool for 10 minutes before returning to blend it some more.
- Blend the mixture a few more times until the cream is only a bit warmer than room temperature, and then mix liquid germall plus, vitamin e oil, and essential oil.
- Transfer the cream into an airtight container. Leave the cream for several hours to get thicken.
- Just scoop a little hair conditioner or cream with your cleaned fingers and apply to your hair. You can leave it overnight and wash the hair with shampoo or simply use it as a leave-in conditioner to control frizzy and dry hair.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the container away from light.