(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Living with frizz and dryness can be the most frustrating things on the planet, especially when you have curly hair. Frizzy hair is a result of a lacking hair care regimen, and that’s why a little extra attention is all it takes to tackle the problem. A perfect leave-in hair moisturizer can be a perfect solution to control brittle and dry hair. A leave-in hair moisturizer becomes more effective when it contains natural ingredients like aloe vera juice and natural oils.
Let’s take a look at what are the benefits of aloe vera leave-in hair moisturizer.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera Leave-In Hair Moisturizer
Aloe Vera contains necessary vitamins and minerals which are required for proper cell growth. It helps to produce sebum (skin oils) on the scalp, which prevents hair from drying out and breaking. Vitamin B12 in aloe vera is important for a healthy scalp. Because of this, it can help to boost hair regrowth. Aloe vera helps in moisturizing your scalp and hair, keeps them hydrated.
Coconut oil is high in antioxidants, which helps to prevent free radical damage to the body, including heat and environmental damage. It is one of the best natural treatments for hair. It brings back the softness to your hair thanks to its fatty acids. Coconut oil nourishes the scalp because the oil is a natural antifungal, antimicrobial, antibacterial and has soothing properties. It can also offer relief from dandruff conditions.
Shea butter prevents the hair from drying out and becoming brittle, a common problem in hot, windy conditions. It seals in the moisture by coating each strand of hair in a thin, non-greasy layer of fat. Since the butter can penetrate deep into the skin layers, it may help reduce the hair pores inflammation and make the scalp and hair healthy.
Olive oil will help you keep your hair healthy and soft. Much like coconut oil, olive oil has healing and softening properties that will make your hair healthy and shiny. It helps in hair growth due to its vital vitamins and nutrients contents.
Almond oil contains all kinds of healthy ingredients for hair like fatty acids, vitamin E, and magnesium. It nourishes and strengthens the hair, and is optimal for treating hair loss and damaged hair. It makes hair manageable and gives shine to hairs.
Rosemary essential oil is great to get rid of hair loss and thinning. Rosemary treats alopecia through resolving the underlying hair loss cause as opposed to fighting hair loss symptom itself.
Studies reveal that Rosemary essential oil achieves similar hair growth effects as minoxidil – a conventional hair growth booster. Rosemary essential oil, however, is applauded for its fewer side effects when compared to minoxidil. This makes Rosemary a safer hair growth option. (source)
Procedure To Make Aloe Vera Leave-In Hair Moisturizer
- 1.5 cup aloe vera juice (Buy From Here)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil (Buy From Here)
- ⅓ cup melted shea butter (Buy From Here)
- ¼ cup emulsifying wax (Buy From Here)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil (Buy From Here)
- 3 tablespoon almond oil (Buy From Here)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (Buy From Here)
- 35-40 drops rosemary essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 16 oz glass container (Buy From Here)
- ½ teaspoon optiphen presevative (Buy From Here)
- Make sure that your blender or immersion blender, bowl, and all utensils are very clean when you make this. If they’re not fully sanitized, then your leave-in conditioner or hair cream can grow bacteria or mold. Clean everything with hot soapy water, then swab with rubbing alcohol or vinegar and let air dry.
- Using a double boiler system melt shea butter and coconut oil separately and measure them.
- Now, combine all the melted oil and butter mixture in the bowl and add emulsifying wax into it. Using a double boiler system, melt the emulsifying wax and then mix oils and wax well with a spoon.
- When everything is melted, add olive and almond oil into the melted mixture and stir until everything is melted and combined.
- Now, let this mixture cool until it’s room temperature. It should look creamy, thick and opaque, but don’t let it get solid. Optional: You can place the bowl in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to speed up the process.
- Now blend the mixture with a hand blender for 3-5 minutes on high speed.
- Now, add aloe vera juice to the mixture very slowly while blending the mixture on high. It will take about 3 to 5 minutes or more for everything to fully incorporate and blend and you get a creamy white mixture. Note: Your aloe vera juice should be about the same temperature as the oil/wax mixture.
- Now add rosemary essential oil, preservative and vitamin e oil into the creamy leave-in hair moisturizer and mix well. Transfer to an airtight jar.
- Now put the jar in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to set the cream or hair moisturizer. (Optional)
- Store in a clean and dry place.
- Just scoop a little hair conditioner or cream with your cleaned fingers and apply to your hair. You can leave it for overnight and wash the hair with shampoo or simply use it as a leave-in conditioner to control frizzy and dry hair.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the container away from light.
Ready to reverse your aging skin?
If you are really looking to reverse your aging skin, then you have to check out my free ebook on 5 Anti Aging Rosehip Oil Skin Care Recipes.
In this ebook, I reveal the 5 rosehip oil recipes which I highly recommend to reverse your aging skin. Best of all, its free and you will receive more natural beauty advice and best offers!