(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Everybody wants a clear and glowing skin but due to some reason, we won’t get that. Our biggest enemies like acne, pollution, sun rays, age spots restrict our skin to be perfect. But there is a way to get your skin problem free as well as smooth and glowing. For this, the skin should be exfoliated to get rid off dirt and dead cells. You don’t have to look further than your pantry for the ingredients to make a scrub that works just as well as what you can buy in the store. One of the best exfoliating scrubs is Rose Sugar Scrub.
The ingredients used in making rose sugar scrub are very cheap household items for giving yourself an at-home spa treatment to get soft, smooth, healthy-looking skin. The exfoliating rose sugar scrub removes dirt, oil, dead cells and clear clogged pores which turn your dull face into the glowing face. Your skin will get the food without any harmful chemicals which cause no side effects.
Related: Lemon and Peppermint sugar scrub
Now, let’s have a look at why and what ingredients we are using to make the rose sugar scrub.
Benefits of Rose Sugar Scrub
- It has antibacterial properties and it helps treat acne and pimples.
- It reduces the appearance of skin imperfections and promotes an even skin tone and healthy complexion.
- Rose petals help control excess oil, unclog pores and also keep your skin looking taut and glowing.
- Being a rich source of vitamin C, rose petals work as an excellent sunblock. They have cooling properties that can soothe your skin and protect the outer layer of your skin from sun damage.
- As a natural astringent, rose helps tighten pores and hydrates the skin for a glowy complexion.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which can actually help reduce the inflammation or redness on your skin.
- The lauric acid in the coconut oil that acts as the antibacterial agent.
- It controls the comedo formation (blackheads and whiteheads) by exfoliating dead skin cells.
- Due to saturated fats, it melts on the skin when it is being applied, without leaving any kind of residues. It easily seeps into the skin pores, moisturizing deeply.
- It preserves the smoothness of the skin by keeping it wrinkle-free.
- The natural soothing nature of the oil combines with the grainy, exfoliating material (Salt, sugar etc) perfectly, and leaves your skin with an even colour, closed pores, and a soft texture.
Related: Coconut oil and Coffee Sugar Scrub
Related: 10 best ways to use coconut oil for hair
- It has Vitamin E which restores and rejuvenates the skin.
- Thanks to the Vitamin A content in the oil, it may even help reduce acne flare-ups.
- It can be safely used on sensitive skin as it is less likely to cause allergic reactions.
Related: 20 face oils for naturally clear, hydrated and healthy skin
- Sugar is a big depository of skin -beautifying qualities if used topically on the skin as an exfoliating scrub. It can deliver excellent results in brightening and polish your skin. It has moisturizing properties that prevent the skin from drying.
Related: Exfoliating Honey and Sugar Scrub
Procedure to make Rose Sugar Scrub
- 5 tablespoon organic coconut oil (Buy From Here)
- 1 tablespoon pure sweet almond oil (Buy From Here)
- 7-10 tablespoon granulated white/brown sugar
- Fresh rose petals
- you can adjust the ingredients as per requirements
- Put coconut oil, almond oil, sugar, fresh and cleaned rose petals to the blender.
- Make sure that all the ingredients are blended coarsely and smooth enough so that it can be applied on the skin. You can also add your favorite essential oil for extra benefits.
- Keep this rose sugar scrub aside for 10 minutes so that the nutrients of sugar and rose can mix up with coconut and almond oils.
Related: Refreshing Orange Sugar Scrub
How to apply Rose Sugar Scrub
- First, wash your skin with soap or body wash and rinse it well. If possible have a hot water bath or shower. Hot water will open up your pores, making your skin much more susceptible to cleaning.
- Apply a sufficient amount of sugar scrub to wet skin over your entire body, massaging in a circular motion for 3-5 minutes to allow the granules to remove dead skin cells. Finally, rinse off well. This makes your skin look and feels refreshed and healthy.
- Store the rose sugar scrub in an airtight container for 5-7 days and Keep the filled container under room temperature. It cannot be refrigerated because this will freeze or harden the oils.
Note: Pictures have been updated.
The skin has to be protected from pimples, sunburns, acne, and aging. It is very easy to obtain flawless skin without spending a fortune with simple tips and some home remedies. To ensure that our skin remains flawless and glowing for a long period of time, we have to dig deep and improve the dermis—the inner layer of the skin and this can be achieved with proper skin care and also by using a rose sugar scrub in a right way.
Radiant Restore ReviewNovember 22, 2017 at 10:49 pm
I have been reading out many of your posts and it’s clever stuff.
I will definitely bookmark your blog.
DRMay 12, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Do we need to apply any pack after using this scrub?
MamtaMay 14, 2018 at 5:17 am
Hi DR, No, there is no need of applying any mask. Rose Scrub is itself the nourishing scrub for skin.
nikkiDecember 28, 2017 at 5:45 pm
MamtaJanuary 11, 2018 at 3:55 pm
You can store this for upto 15 days.
Twinkle soniJanuary 11, 2018 at 8:10 pm
After the scrub we will use any other soap for bath??
MamtaJanuary 22, 2018 at 4:14 pm
No, you should not. Just wipe with a wet damp cloth. Make sure you are using it on cleansed skin.
stephJanuary 15, 2018 at 9:29 am
What would you use to preserve the scrub to have longer shelf life?
MamtaJanuary 22, 2018 at 4:09 pm
You don’t need to use any preservative. It will last up to 15 days.
TanyaFebruary 28, 2018 at 9:54 am
Hy, I read somewhere that The coconut oil makes the face hairy. So would it be safe to use this scrub?
MamtaMarch 15, 2018 at 4:09 pm
You can use coconut oil on your face, it wont make it hairy.
desireeMay 1, 2018 at 2:53 pm
how long should we keep it ?
MamtaMay 9, 2018 at 7:45 am
Hi Desiree, You can keep it for 10-15 days.
JessicaMay 5, 2018 at 2:37 am
What if I don’t use it within the 10-15 days? Do I have to throw it out or can I reuse it somehow?
MamtaMay 9, 2018 at 7:32 am
Hi Jessica, You have to make a fresh batch after every 10-15 days.
JanetJune 20, 2018 at 5:11 pm
How often should we be applying the scrub?
MamtaJune 21, 2018 at 7:22 am
Hi Janet, You can apply this body scrub 2-3 times a week.
SyedaJune 22, 2018 at 2:45 pm
can we use this scrub on face ?
MamtaJuly 4, 2018 at 10:53 am
Yes, you can use this on your face. Gently massage your skin and don’t be too harsh.
VeeJuly 8, 2018 at 12:02 am
Does it have expiration?
MamtaJuly 23, 2018 at 5:43 am
Hi Vee, You can use it for 15 days.
PoorviDecember 10, 2018 at 10:16 am
What can be done to keep this for a month?
MamtaDecember 17, 2018 at 8:37 am
Hi Poorvi, You can skip adding fresh rose petals in the scrub recipe. In place of fresh rose petals, you can use rose infused coconut oil or dried rose petals.
Anushka SrivastavaOctober 6, 2019 at 4:15 pm
Can you please give me a link or suggestion about the jars you use? I’ve been trying to find small sized glass jars but there are no good ones available on Amazon.
MamtaJanuary 27, 2020 at 4:59 pm
So happy you loved the jars. I have brought these from a local store in my city and not from Amazon. Not sure if it’s available on Amazon.