Our skin gets exposed to hard water, soap, sunlight, and harmful pollution that strip the skin of its natural oils leaving the skin feeling dry and rough. Not anymore, you can make your own amazing DIY body lotion at home with effective ingredients like aloe vera, shea butter, and glycerin. This DIY body lotion with shea butter, aloe vera, and glycerin not only moisturizes your skin but also rejuvenates skin cells to keep your skin nourished and smooth.
This body lotion made with aloe vera has a non-greasy effect on the skin and can also be used in the summer season. It has healing power which protects the skin from summer dryness. It is also effective for, irritated, red eczema-prone skin.
Let’s take a look at the ingredient’s benefits of body lotion and how can you make it.
Table of Contents
Benefits Of DIY Body Lotion With Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, And Glycerin
This body lotion is made with highly effective ingredients like shea butter, aloe vera, glycerin, and almond oil which protect skin from dryness and helps to repair damaged skin. The benefits of ingredients used in body lotion are –
Aloe vera has moisturizing effects. It hydrates and moisturizes skin to help treat dry, flaky skin. It stimulates collagen production. This improves the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
Aloe vera gel has antiseptic properties, which protect the skin from skin infections caused by bacteria and fungi. (source)
It hydrates dry skin, helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, and gives your skin a smooth, youthful glow. It also protects the skin against irritants and helps in the healing of wounds.
Emulsifying Wax NF
It is extracted from the fatty acids of plant oils. It is used to combine oil and water in facial creams, body lotions, moisturizers, and other skincare products. There are no side effects in the use of products with emulsifying waxes as the main ingredient. These products are considered non-toxic even when used regularly.
Shea butter is considered an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. It helps to moisturize dry skin deeply and makes skin soft. It is rich in fatty acids and Vitamin E and A and has anti-inflammatory properties. It may aid in cell regeneration, and thus reduce fine lines and wrinkles due to the high content of antioxidants.
Almond oil is composed of vitamin E, which makes it an effective moisturizer. It absorbs readily into the skin and makes it glowing, soft, and smooth. It is non-greasy and keeps skin hydrated and moisturized.
Vitamin E Oil
It is rich in antioxidants that help in the regeneration of skin cells. It helps to exfoliate dead skin cells and rejuvenates dull and dry skin.
Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil reduces skin inflammations due to its potent anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore it reduces swelling, redness and improves skin tone. It is full of antioxidants, which gives it the power to protect and repair skin cells as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Recipe For DIY Body Lotion With Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, And Glycerin
- 60g aloe vera juice (Buy From Here)
- 30.75g distilled water (Buy From Here)
- 15g glycerine (Buy From Here)
- Prepare a double-boiler system by adding about 1 inch of water in a wide, flat-bottomed sauté pan. Put the pan on the stove and set the stove on low heat.
- Weigh the water phase ingredients into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup. Cover the container with aluminum foil to avoid evaporation of water content.
- Weigh the oil phase ingredients into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup.
- Place both measuring cups in your prepared double boiler system to melt everything through.
- After about 20–30 minutes the oil part should be completely melted and the water part should be warmed.
- Remove the double boiler pan from the heat, remove the foil and pour the oil part into the water part.
- Mix the water and oil mixture with a spoon vigorously to combine them. Stir the spoon for 10-15 seconds.
- Then, remove the mixture container from the double boiler pan.
- Now, immediately grab your immersion blender (or milk frother for smaller quantities) and begin blending the lotion.
- Blend for about a minute, leave to cool for ten minutes.
- After 10 minutes, blend for another minute or two, and repeat this blend-cool-blend cycle until the glass measuring cup is barely warm to the touch and the lotion is thick and creamy.
- When the lotion is cool it’s time to incorporate cool-down phase ingredients.
- Weigh down the liquid germall plus preservative, vitamin e oil, and essential oil and add them into the body lotion mixture.
- Mix everything well and store it in an airtight jar.
- Your non-greasy body lotion is ready. Apply it whenever needed.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the body lotion container away from light.