(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Calendula oil used as a facial oil is a wonderful addition to any skincare regime. It can heal skin damage and also promotes healthy skin. Calendula oil provides essential nutrients to your skin. Adding calendula oil in your creams and lotion can help your skin a lot. So, why not make a skin repairing calendula face cream.
This calendula face cream has skin repairing and skin healing properties which makes skin healthy and glowing. It is effective because it contains essential oil, shea butter and of course calendula oil. Let’s take a look at what are the benefits of calendula face cream.
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Calendula Face Cream
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil has natural antioxidants that rejuvenate skin by repairing damaged skin. Vitamin E oil when applied on skin promotes good blood circulation to enhance the beauty of the skin. It has actually been shown to reverse premature aging of the skin. It can repair elastin and collagen damage which has a huge role to play in skin aging
Helichrysum Essential Oil
It’s one of the few essential oils that contain “diketones,” which can help reduce the appearance of age spots and discoloration. This essential oil contains component ingredients that fight germs on the skin and hydrate the skin to stay smooth and soft. It is best for scar healing and removes wrinkles. It is used to clear skin spots, rashes from sweat, blemishes and other skin infections. It will treat pimples, acne, and eczema.
Frankincense Essential Oil
It tones and lifts skin, heals and protects skin (against boils, wounds, acne), fades and heals scars. Frankincense Oil promotes regeneration of healthy cells and also keeps the existing cells and tissues healthy. It has powerful astringent capabilities and it can help to eliminate sun spots, remove micro-wrinkles around the eyes and cheeks, and generally tone and tighten skin all over your body, while simultaneously replacing old or dying cells with new, healthy ones!
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is a multipurpose essential oil. Its heals dry and damaged skin, treats acne and scars and also removes wrinkles, dark spots and dark circles around the eyes.
Calendula oil is known to have antioxidant properties which are very beneficial for the skin. Antioxidants promote the growth of healthy skin cells by increasing cell turnover. Calendula boosts the collagen production in the body while making your skin radiant and healthy. Calendula, a miracle herb for dry or damaged skin has anti-inflammatory attributes and possesses the power to heal any skin problems. Using calendula oil makes your skin softer and plumper while reducing the appearances of fine lines and wrinkles.
Procedure To Make Calendula Infused Oil
Method – 1 (Long Process)
- Fill a mason jar with your calendula flowers.
- Pour your sunflower oil over the flowers until they’re covered in the oil. Keep pouring oil into the container until the flowers are totally covered, shaking the jar slightly to get rid of large air bubbles. It is a good idea to have at least one inch of oil above the flower petals so that it is assured that they stay covered.
- With your spoon, finish by pushing all flowers into the oil so they are all submerged. There should not be any pieces popping out. If there are, push them down or add more oil.
- Now, cover tightly and place on a sunny windowsill. Leave in place for fourteen to twenty days, shaking the container lightly once a day to maintain mixture.
- After about two-three weeks, strain out the calendula flowers using a cheesecloth and store it in a glass container.
Method – 2 (Quick Process)
- Create a double boiler by filling a medium sized pot 1/2 way full with water.
- Add sunflower oil and dried calendula flower to a glass pyrex measuring cup.
- Now, place the measuring cup in the pot and place the pot on the stove top. Turn stove top on low.
- Heat for 1.5 hours and then remove the glass measuring the cup from the stove top. Now, strain the oil with cheesecloth and keep the infused oil in a glass container. Allow cooling the infused oil overnight.
Procedure For Calendula Face Cream
- ¼ cup + 4 tablespoon calendula infused oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (Buy From Here)
- 1.5 tablespoon emulsifying wax NF (Buy From Here)
- 1 cup distilled water (Buy From Here)
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 15 drops helichrysum essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (Buy From Here)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid germall plus (Buy From Here)
- Put some water(1-inch level) in a wide flat bottomed pan and simmer it over low to medium-low heat.
- Put the distilled water into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place the measuring cup in your prepared water.
- Now, put calendula infused oil, and emulsifying wax NF into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place that measuring cup in the prepared water as well.
- Heat both parts through for 20-30 minutes; this ensures the oil part is thoroughly melted.
- After 20-30 minutes, pour the water part into the oil part. Remove both measuring cups from the water and set it on a dishtowel to insulate it from the countertop.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the solution together. After a minute or two of blending, leave it to cool for 10 minutes before returning to blend it some more.
- Blend the mixture a few more times until the lotion is only a bit warmer than room temperature, and then mix vitamin E, liquid germall plus, and essential oils.
- Transfer the calendula face cream into a container.
- Apply calendula face cream on the cleansed face twice a day or whenever required.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the container away from light.