(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Everybody wants a clear and glowing skin but due to some reason, we won’t get that. Our biggest enemies like acne, pollution, sun rays, age spot etc. restrict our skin to be perfect. But there is a way to get your skin problem free as well as smooth and glowing. For this, the skin should be exfoliated to get rid off dirt and dead cells. You don’t have to look further than your pantry for the ingredients to make a scrub that works just as well as what you can buy in the store. One of the best exfoliating scrubs is Rose Sugar Scrub. The ingredients used in making rose sugar scrub are very cheap household items for giving yourself an at-home spa treatment to get soft, smooth, healthy-looking skin. The exfoliating rose sugar scrub removes dirt, oil, dead cells and clear clogged pores which turn your dull face into the glowing face. Your skin will get the food without any harmful chemicals which cause no side effects.
Related: Lemon and Peppermint sugar scrub
Now, let’s have a look at why and what ingredients we are using to make the rose sugar scrub.
Benefits of Rose Sugar Scrub
- It has antibacterial properties and it helps treat acne and pimples.
- It reduces the appearance of skin imperfections and promotes an even skin tone and healthy complexion.
- Rose petals help control excess oil, unclog pores and also keep your skin looking taut and glowing.
- Being a rich source of vitamin C, rose petals work as an excellent sunblock. They have cooling properties that can soothe your skin and protect the outer layer of your skin from sun damage.
- As a natural astringent, rose helps tighten pores and hydrates the skin for a glowy complexion.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which can actually help reduce the inflammation or redness on your skin.
- The lauric acid in the coconut oil that acts as the antibacterial agent.
- It controls the comedo formation (blackheads and whiteheads) by exfoliating dead skin cells.
- Due to saturated fats, it melts on the skin when it is being applied, without leaving any kind of residues. It easily seeps into the skin pores, moisturizing deeply.
- It preserves the smoothness of the skin by keeping it wrinkle-free.
- The natural soothing nature of the oil combines with the grainy, exfoliating material (Salt, sugar etc) perfectly, and leaves your skin with an even colour, closed pores, and a soft texture.
Related: Coconut oil and Coffee Sugar Scrub
- It has Vitamin E which restores and rejuvenates the skin.
- Thanks to the Vitamin A content in the oil, it may even help reduce acne flare-ups.
- It can be safely used on sensitive skin as it is less likely to cause allergic reactions.
- Sugar is a big depository of skin -beautifying qualities if used topically on the skin as an exfoliating scrub. It can deliver excellent results in brightening and polish your skin. It has moisturizing properties that prevent the skin from drying.
Related: Exfoliating Honey and Sugar Scrub
Procedure to make Rose Sugar Scrub
- 5 tablespoon organic coconut oil (Buy From Here)
- 1 tablespoon pure sweet almond oil (Buy From Here)
- 7-10 tablespoon granulated white/brown sugar
- Fresh rose petals
- you can adjust the ingredients as per requirements
- Put coconut oil, almond oil, sugar, fresh and cleaned rose petals to the blender.
- Make sure that all the ingredients are blended coarsely and smooth enough so that it can be applied on the skin. You can also add your favourite essential oil for extra benefits.
- Keep this rose sugar scrub aside for 10 minutes so that the nutrients of sugar and rose can mix up with coconut and almond oils.
Related: Refreshing Orange Sugar Scrub
How to apply Rose Sugar Scrub
- First, wash your skin with soap or body wash and rinse it well. If possible have a hot water bath or shower. Hot water will open up your pores, making your skin much more susceptible to cleaning.
- Apply a sufficient amount of sugar scrub to wet skin over your entire body, massaging in a circular motion for 3-5 minutes to allow the granules to remove dead skin cells. Finally, rinse off well. This makes your skin look and feels refreshed and healthy.
- Store the rose sugar scrub in an airtight container for 5-7 days and Keep the filled container under room temperature. It cannot be refrigerated because this will freeze or harden the oils.
Do check potato sugar scrub for depigmentation.
The skin has to be protected from pimples, sunburns, acne, and aging. It is very easy to obtain flawless skin without spending a fortune with simple tips and some home remedies. To ensure that our skin remains flawless and glowing for a long period of time, we have to dig deep and improve the dermis—the inner layer of the skin and this can be achieved with proper skin care and also by using a rose sugar scrub in a right way.
Go ahead and try these remedies and do let me know your experiences in the comments section below.