If you are looking for a natural face and body cream then you have landed at just right place. I have created this DIY hibiscus and rose face cream that not only makes your skin healthy but also soft and glowing.
It is made with hibiscus, almond oil, jojoba oil, and pomegranate seed oil. And essential oils like rose, frankincense which boosts its efficiency and also gives it a pleasant smell.
Benefits of Hibiscus for skin
Hibiscus is such a plant which gives endless benefits to the skin.
Its ability to exfoliate skin gives you clear and even skin tone. It has powerful antioxidants which treat aging skin and also makes your skin youthful.
Hibiscus is also an excellent moisturizer for skin which helps you combat dry, dull skin. That’s why it is one of my favorite natural ingredients when it comes to skincare.
So why not use this DIY hibiscus and rose face cream to get healthy and gorgeous skin.
What ingredients are present in this face cream?
Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects your skin cells from damage-causing free radicals. This way almond oil works great in reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
It has oleic acid and linoleic acid. These two fatty acids together replenish the lost moisture in your skin and also seals it to keep your skin moisturized. Hence makes your skin soft and smooth.
It exfoliates your skin by removing dead skin cells from your skin pores. This helps clear your complexion and make your skin healthy and naturally glowing.
Almond oil improves blood circulation in your skin which nourishes your skin cells. This helps revive your dry, dull skin.
Jojoba oil is a very gentle carrier oil. It suits for both oily and dry skin. Now when it comes to oily skin, it is very effective in balancing the sebum(oil) production in your skin. Hence prevents clogged pores and future acne breakouts.
It is a very soothing moisturizer for the skin. If you have dry, flaky skin then using jojoba oil can help you get soft and smooth skin.
It is also rich in vitamin E which helps eliminate free radicals and slow down skin aging.
It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which not only reduce swelling and redness associated with acne but also kill acne-causing bacteria. Hence helps treat acne.
Pomegranate Seed Oil
Pomegranate seed oil is very soothing for dry skin. Its moisturizing properties revitalizes and rejuvenates the skin to help it look smooth, soft and naturally glowing.
It has vitamin C and vitamin E which are natural antioxidants that help to protect the skin from the harmful free radicals. It also restores lost collagen in your skin. Hence helping your skin to appear more youthful.
Pomegranate seed oil balances your skin’s pH level which protects your skin from bacteria, allergens, and pollution. Hence maintains your skin health.
Rose Essential Oil
Rose essential oil is very hydrating for your skin. It revitalizes your dry skin cells and improves your skin’s appearance.
It has anti-aging properties which help to rejuvenate your skin by neutralizing free radicals.
Its astringent properties work great to tone your skin.
It clears your skin pores from dead skin cells. This helps shrink large pores.
Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil provides a wide range of benefits to your skin. It helps regenerate healthy skin cells. This property of frankincense oil helps in healing wounds, fading acne scars, and dark spots.
It has powerful antioxidant properties which makes it effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It works great for oily skin too.
It soaks excess sebum(oil) from the surface of your skin and keeps it fresh and healthy.
Hibiscus is an excellent exfoliating agent. It contains citric acid which helps remove dead skin cells at the surface of your skin and give you a clear complexion.
It also improves cell turnover which helps you get even skin tone. It is rich in antioxidants which gives anti-aging benefits to your skin. It kills skin-damaging free radicals and helps prevent premature skin aging.
Hibiscus contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which soothe swelling and redness of your acne. So if you are troubled by acne so often, using hibiscus can help you get rid of it.
It is a water-dense plant which helps hydrate your skin. It also improves your skin’s ability to retain moisture. This keeps your skin stay hydrated, soft and supple for a longer time.
Recipe For DIY Hibiscus And Rose Face Cream
- 45g brewed hibiscus tea
- 69.75g distilled water (Buy From Here)
- 7.5g pomegranate seed oil (Buy From Here)
- 7.5g almond oil (Buy From Here)
- 9g jojoba oil (Buy From Here)
- 7.5g emulsifying wax NF (Buy From Here)
- 3g cetyl alcohol (Buy From Here)
- 0.75g liquid germall plus preservative (Buy From Here)
- 7 drops frankincense essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 8 drops rose essential oil (Buy From Here)
- Prepare a double-boiler system by adding about 1 inch of water in a wide, flat-bottomed sauté pan. Put the pan on the stove and set the stove on low heat.
- Weigh the water phase ingredients into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup. Cover the container with aluminum foil to avoid evaporation of water content.
- Weigh the oil phase ingredients into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup.
- Place both measuring cups in your prepared double boiler system to melt everything through.
- After about 20–30 minutes the oil part should be completely melted and the water part should be warmed.
- Remove the double boiler pan from the heat, remove the foil and pour the oil part into the water part.
- Mix the water and oil mixture with a spoon vigorously to combine them. Stir the spoon for 3-5 seconds.
- Then, remove the mixture container from the double boiler pan.
- Now, immediately grab your immersion blender (or milk frother for smaller quantities) and begin blending the cream mixture.
- Blend for about a minute, leave to cool for ten minutes.
- After 10 minutes, blend for another minute or two, and repeat this blend-cool-blend cycle until the glass measuring cup is barely warm to the touch and the cream mixture is thick and creamy.
- When the cream mixture is cool it’s time to incorporate cool-down phase ingredients.
- Weigh down the liquid germall plus preservative and essential oils and add them into the face cream mixture.
- Mix everything well and store it in an airtight jar.
- Your hibiscus body and face cream is ready. Apply it whenever needed.
2. Be sure to do a patch test to make sure your skin does not have an adverse reaction to the oils. The inner forearm is a great place to do a test since the skin is delicate, similar to facial skin.
3. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
4. Keep the cream container away from light.
5. Always apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.
1. How to make hibiscus tea/water used in the recipe?
- Get some dried hibiscus flowers tea from the market.
- Prepare distilled water and add the dried hibiscus flowers to a teapot for brewing.
- Leave them to boil for some time.
- Once done, strain the flower petals out to get the hibiscus tea.
2. Can you use hibiscus oil instead of hibiscus tea/water in the recipe?
Yes, you can use hibiscus oil instead of hibiscus tea. But hibiscus-infused oil should be added to the heated oil phase. Replace the brewed hibiscus tea with more distilled water. Then replace any oil(pomegranate oil, jojoba oil, almond oil) with hibiscus-infused oil in the heated oil phase.
3. How to make hibiscus oil?
- Take a handful of hibiscus flowers.
- Take 1 cup of sunflower oil (or any carrier oil) and add the dried hibiscus flower to it.
- Heat the mixture using the double boiler method for 40-60 minutes on low flame.
- Once done, cool the mixture.
- Once cool down, strain the mixture and your hibiscus oil is ready.
- Store the hibiscus-infused oil in an airtight glass jar.