Are you looking for a completely natural face cream for scars, dark spots that also makes your skin naturally glowing? Then you have landed at just the right place. In this post, I have come up with a great scar reducing almond oil face cream recipe. This face cream recipe is so simple that it takes only a few minutes to make it.
Almond oil is one of the most nutritious carrier oil that you can include in your skincare. It has essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, riboflavin(vitamin B2), calcium, potassium, and magnesium. These vitamins and minerals help slow dowing skin aging, fades scars, dark spots, and many more.
A 2007 study by the Departments of Pharmaceutics at Hamdard University in India found it to both prevent initial UV damage and slow down the effects of UV damage after it happened. (Source)
Now before heading down to the recipe let’s take a look at what are the benefits of this DIY almond oil face cream.
Benefits Of Almond Oil Face Cream
Besides almond oil, this DIY almond oil face cream also has vitamin e oil, argan oil, and frankincense essential oil. These ingredients provide their own nutrition to your skin to make it healthy and naturally glowing. The benefits of each ingredient are-
Almond oil is a great source of vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant that eliminates free radicals. This way it prevents skin cell damage which helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Do you suffer from psoriasis and/or eczema? Both of these conditions are caused by multiple factors, including poor digestion. As another safe remedy to treat these skin conditions, almond oil helps relieve the inflammation, itchiness, and redness of psoriasis or eczema. (source)
It contains essential fatty acids which hydrate your dried skin cells. These fatty acids also prevent moisture loss by producing required sebum(oil) in your skin. This makes your skin soft and naturally glowing.
Almond oil is a great home remedy for pimples, acne, and blemishes. It unclogs pores by removing excess sebum(oil), dead skin cells trapped in it. It also has antibacterial properties which kill acne-causing bacteria. Its rich vitamin A content prevents future acne breakouts and keep your skin healthy.
It works great for oily skin by dissolving excess sebum(oil) from the surface of the skin. It moisturizes your skin which prevents the overproduction of sebum(oil) by the sebaceous glands to compensate for the loss of moisture in your skin. Almond oil is a rich source of calcium. Calcium improves the cell regeneration process which allows the skin to heal scars and fade dark spots quickly.
Frankincense Essential Oil
It contains powerful antioxidant properties which kill harmful free radicals and prevent cell damage. It also boosts collagen production which improves elasticity and strength of your skin. This helps smooth out wrinkles.
According to a review published in the Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine, frankincense oil reduces redness and skin irritation, while also producing an even skin tone. Studies suggest that it’s the pentacyclic triterpene (steroid-like) structure of frankincense oil that contributes to its soothing effect on irritated skin. (source)
Frankincense oil is very effective in healing dry, flaky skin. It replenishes lost moisture in your skin. This makes your skin soft and plump. It works great for scars. It promotes healthy cell regeneration which helps the skin in fading acne scars, dark spots and age spots. This helps in making your skin tone even.
Vitamin E Oil
It hydrates your dehydrated skin cells. This helps restore and rejuvenate your dry and damaged skin. Vitamin E oil is an effective anti-aging agent. It increases collagen levels in your skin which improves your skin’s elasticity. This helps tighten your saggy skin. It clears your skin off dirt, grime and impurities as well as balance the sebum(oil) production in your skin. This makes it useful in treating acne and blemishes.
It contains vitamin E and fatty acids which are effective moisturizing agents. It is light and absorbed quickly by the skin which allows argan oil to deeply moisturize your skin. This helps you get rid of dry, rough and flaky skin.
Argan oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce swelling and redness of acne. It also balances sebum(oil) production in your skin which not only helps treat acne but also improves the appearance of oily skin.
Argan oil is high in both oleic and linoleic fatty acids. The deficiency of linoleic acid in the skin causes more breakouts (Source). That’s why argan oil is the rescue. The linoleic acid of argan oil will reduce inflammation and acne and increase skin moisturization levels.
Its powerful antioxidants repair damaged skin cells which helps fade scars and dark spots. A study found that the antioxidant activity in argan oil helped protect the skin against free radical damage caused by the sun. This prevented burns and hyperpigmentation as a result. (Source)
Procedure For Almond Oil Face Cream
- ¼ cup almond oil (Buy From Here)
- 4 tablespoon argan oil (Buy From Here)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin e oil (Buy From Here)
- 1.5 tablespoon emulsifying wax NF (Buy From Here)
- 1 tablespoon cetyl alcohol (Buy From Here)
- 1 cup distilled water (Buy From Here)
- 25 drops frankincense essential oil (Buy From Here)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid germall plus preservative (Buy From Here)
- Put some water(1-inch level) in a wide flat bottomed pan and simmer it over low to medium-low heat.
- Put the distilled water into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place the measuring cup in your prepared water.
- Now, put almond oil, argan oil, cetyl alcohol, and emulsifying wax NF into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place that measuring cup in the prepared water as well.
- Heat both parts through for 20-30 minutes; this ensures the oil part is thoroughly melted.
- After 20-30 minutes, pour the water part into the oil part. Remove both measuring cups from the water and set it on a dishtowel to insulate it from the countertop.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the solution together. After a minute or two of blending, leave it to cool for 10-15 minutes before returning to blend it some more.
- Blend the mixture a few more times until the cream is only a bit warmer than room temperature, and then mix liquid germall plus, vitamin e oil and frankincense essential oil.
- Transfer the cream into an airtight container.
- Apply the cream twice a day on cleansed face.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the cream container away from light.
4. Always apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.