Are you looking for a completely natural face cream for scars, dark spots that also makes your skin naturally glowing? Then you have landed at just the right place. In this post, I have come up with a great scar-reducing almond oil face cream recipe. This face cream recipe is so simple that it takes only a few minutes to make it.
Almond oil is one of the most nutritious carrier oil that you can include in your skincare. It has essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, riboflavin(vitamin B2), calcium, potassium, and magnesium. These vitamins and minerals help slow dowing skin aging, fades scars, dark spots, and many more.
A 2007 study by the Departments of Pharmaceutics at Hamdard University in India found it to both prevent initial UV damage and slow down the effects of UV damage after it happened. (Source)
Now before heading down to the recipe let’s take a look at what are the benefits of this DIY almond oil face cream.
Benefits Of Almond Oil Face Cream
Besides almond oil, this DIY almond oil face cream also has vitamin e oil, argan oil, and frankincense essential oil. These ingredients provide their own nutrition to your skin to make it healthy and naturally glowing. The benefits of each ingredient are-
Almond oil is a great source of vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant that eliminates free radicals. This way it prevents skin cell damage which helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Do you suffer from psoriasis and/or eczema? Both of these conditions are caused by multiple factors, including poor digestion. As another safe remedy to treat these skin conditions, almond oil helps relieve the inflammation, itchiness, and redness of psoriasis or eczema. (source)
It contains essential fatty acids which hydrate your dried skin cells. These fatty acids also prevent moisture loss by producing the required sebum(oil) in your skin. This makes your skin soft and naturally glowing.
Almond oil is a great home remedy for pimples, acne, and blemishes. It unclogs pores by removing excess sebum(oil), and dead skin cells trapped in it. It also has antibacterial properties which kill acne-causing bacteria. Its rich vitamin A content prevents future acne breakouts and keeps your skin healthy.
It works great for oily skin by dissolving excess sebum(oil) from the surface of the skin. It moisturizes your skin which prevents the overproduction of sebum(oil) by the sebaceous glands to compensate for the loss of moisture in your skin. Almond oil is a rich source of calcium. Calcium improves the cell regeneration process which allows the skin to heal scars and fade dark spots quickly.
Frankincense Essential Oil
It contains powerful antioxidant properties which kill harmful free radicals and prevent cell damage. It also boosts collagen production which improves the elasticity and strength of your skin. This helps smooth out wrinkles.
According to a review published in the Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine, frankincense oil reduces redness and skin irritation, while also producing an even skin tone. Studies suggest that it’s the pentacyclic triterpene (steroid-like) structure of frankincense oil that contributes to its soothing effect on irritated skin. (source)
Frankincense oil is very effective in healing dry, flaky skin. It replenishes lost moisture in your skin. This makes your skin soft and plump. It works great for scars. It promotes healthy cell regeneration which helps the skin in fading acne scars, dark spots and age spots. This helps in making your skin tone even.
Vitamin E Oil
It hydrates your dehydrated skin cells. This helps restore and rejuvenate your dry and damaged skin. Vitamin E oil is an effective anti-aging agent. It increases collagen levels in your skin which improves your skin’s elasticity. This helps tighten your saggy skin. It clears your skin of dirt, grime, and impurities as well as balances the sebum(oil) production in your skin. This makes it useful in treating acne and blemishes.
It contains vitamin E and fatty acids which are effective moisturizing agents. It is light and absorbed quickly by the skin which allows argan oil to deeply moisturize your skin. This helps you get rid of dry, rough, and flaky skin.
Argan oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce swelling and redness of acne. It also balances sebum(oil) production in your skin which not only helps treat acne but also improves the appearance of oily skin.
Argan oil is high in both oleic and linoleic fatty acids. The deficiency of linoleic acid in the skin causes more breakouts (Source). That’s why argan oil is the rescue. The linoleic acid of argan oil will reduce inflammation and acne and increase skin moisturization levels.
Its powerful antioxidants repair damaged skin cells which helps fade scars and dark spots. A study found that the antioxidant activity in argan oil helped protect the skin against free radical damage caused by the sun. This prevented burns and hyperpigmentation as a result. (Source)
Procedure For Almond Oil Face Cream
- 76.5g distilled water (Buy From Here)
- 10g almond oil (Buy From Here)
- 5g argan oil (Buy From Here)
- 5g emulsifying wax NF (Buy From Here)
- 2g cetyl alcohol (Buy From Here)
- 1g vitamin e oil (Buy From Here)
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 0.5g liquid germall plus preservative (Buy From Here)
- Prepare a double-boiler system by adding about 1 inch of water in a wide, flat-bottomed sauté pan. Put the pan on the stove and set the stove on low heat.
- Weigh the water phase ingredients into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup. Cover the container with aluminum foil to avoid evaporation of water content.
- Weigh the oil phase ingredients into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup.
- Place both measuring cups in your prepared double boiler system to melt everything through.
- After about 20–30 minutes the oil part should be completely melted and the water part should be warmed.
- Remove the double boiler pan from the heat, remove the foil and pour the oil part into the water part.
- Mix the water and oil mixture with a spoon vigorously to combine them. Stir the spoon for 3-5 seconds.
- Then, remove the mixture container from the double boiler pan.
- Now, immediately grab your immersion blender (or milk frother for smaller quantities) and begin blending the mixture.
- Blend for about a minute, and leave to cool for ten minutes.
- After 10 minutes, blend for another minute or two, and repeat this blend-cool-blend cycle until the glass measuring cup is barely warm to the touch and the cream is thick and creamy.
- When the mixture is cool it’s time to incorporate cool-down phase ingredients.
- Weigh down the liquid germall plus preservative, vitamin e oil, and essential oil and add them into the face cream mixture.
- Mix everything well and store it in an airtight jar.
- Your non-greasy almond face cream is ready.
- Apply the cream twice a day on cleansed face.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the cream container away from light.
4. Always apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.