(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Detox water is one of my go-to beverages during all seasons because I am not great at drinking water if it’s not flavored and it has detoxing abilities that make me healthy from inside. But the benefits of detox water is not limited to only health. If your inner body system is without toxins, which means you have great skin too.
The detox water helps to clear the digestive tract and cleanse the liver which is I think unclear digestive tract and liver leads to many problems including skin issues like acne. So, one of my favorite detox water with great taste is refreshing orange detox water. As we know orange is a great source of antioxidants and vitamin C which makes skin radiant and glowing. Let’s take a look at what are the benefits of orange detox water.
Benefits of Orange Detox Water
Orange and Lemons
- Citrus fruit helps detoxify the kidneys, and the lemon has antioxidant compounds called limonoids that activate detoxifying enzymes. They help to flush out the fat and help in losing weight.
- With 93 percent of your daily requirement in a single orange, this power fruit is the top source of the germ-fighting vitamin.
- Oranges contain concentrated levels of beta-carotene, which help protect your skin cells from damage and can even slow the aging process.
- The antioxidant property of Vitamin c presents in orange and lemon helps to build collagen which prevents you from the premature aging process and make you look younger through making a firm skin.
- Vitamin C not only helps to prevent UV damage, acting like a mild natural sunscreen, it also helps to fade sides of damage already done by the sun due to its powerful free radical fighting properties.
- Cucumber water can help soothe your skin from the inside out. Staying hydrated helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion.
- Cucumbers are also high in pantothenic acid or vitamin B-5, which has been used to treat acne.
- It is a natural appetite suppressant and has the antimicrobial property that eliminates germs in food and makes you feel fuller which help to stop you from overeating.
- Mint also aids digestion, which helps your skin glow from the inside out and always refreshes your mind.
How To Drink Orange Detox Water
- First thing in the morning, when you get up.
- Before every meal
- Throughout the day
- A cup before bed
I make this water before I go to bed so I have it first thing when I wake up before getting my morning cup of coffee. I recommend drinking at least 8 cups of this water a day. I try to go 10 cups.
- 3 liters of water
- 2 oranges
- ½ cucumber (normal size)
- 1 lemon
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- Wash all the vegetables and fruits.
- Cut them into thin slices and put them into a large container with water.
- Mix all ingredients and keep it for 4-5 hours before drinking.
- You can also allow the ingredients to chill in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours before serving.
- Discard after 24-48 hours or when fruit starts to taste bitter.
nizagara-online.netNovember 10, 2017 at 8:10 am
very easy and healthy tips
PeaceFebruary 27, 2018 at 8:58 pm
Should I boil the outer back of the orange and lemon or I should remove it before boiling it.
MamtaMarch 15, 2018 at 4:08 pm
You should NOT boil them. Simply cut them and put it in a water container.
DebbieApril 12, 2018 at 7:51 am
Can I still drink it at noon am not a morning person I get up at 12 pm.
MamtaMay 11, 2018 at 5:25 am
Hi Debbie, you can drink it anytime.
LheeAugust 20, 2018 at 5:52 pm
is this safe for pregnant?
MamtaFebruary 5, 2019 at 6:36 am
Hi Lhee, I am not sure about it. You should ask your doctor before drinking this detox water.
AnieOctober 21, 2018 at 11:28 am
I wanna detoxify myself bt I dnt wanna lose weight… Will this be useful for me… I am having 40kgs
MamtaOctober 22, 2018 at 10:32 am
Hi Anie, this recipe is great to detoxify but if you are taking a proper diet, you will not lose weight.
BenedictaMarch 12, 2019 at 10:38 am
I thank for this post. please can I use any mentol like peppermint since I can’t find mint leave. or kindly recommend any leave.
BenedictaMarch 12, 2019 at 10:42 am
Please can I use any menthol sweet since I can’t get peppermint leave?
MamtaAugust 12, 2019 at 6:48 am
Hi Benedicta, yes you can use it.