(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Sugar is not just good for your morning cup of coffee or tea. Some people crave for sugar or sweetness but this sweetness can also give benefit to your skin as well. No No, not by eating! You can get the blessing of sugar for your skin simply by putting it on your face and skin. Honey and sugar are considered as the substitute for sweetness but in your face regime, it can be considered as the perfect combination to enhance your beauty. Yes, If you use them as a scrub will exfoliate your skin plus give a glow to your skin. My one of the favorite scrub is honey sugar scrub. Let’s take a look at what is the blessing of honey sugar scrub for our skin.
Why should I apply honey sugar scrub on the skin?
- Sugar is a big depository of skin -beautifying qualities if used topically on the skin as an exfoliating scrub. It can deliver excellent results in brightening and polish your skin. It has moisturizing properties that prevent the skin from drying.
Sugar is slightly abrasive, so it works well for scrubbing off the dead and dry skin on the face. When combined with a moisturizing agent like honey, you’ll not only remove the gunk from your skin but also hydrate your skin in the process.
- Honey is a humectant. It also contains anti-bacterial properties to help get rid of bacteria on your skin that can cause acne and other skin imperfections.
- Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that penetrates the skin and breaks down the bonds of dead skin cells, encouraging cell turnover and generating fresh skin layer.
- The enzymes in raw honey clarify skin and keep pores clear and clean and also it is loaded with antioxidants, enzymes, and other nutrients that nourish and hydrate skin.
- Honey is said to lighten skin, and its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds help to decrease the appearances of scars and increase healing and tissue regeneration.
A procedure of Honey Sugar Scrub
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (Buy From Here)
- 1 tablespoon white/brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional) (Buy From Here)
- Your favorite or Lavender Essential oil (optional) (Buy From Here)
Mix all the ingredients and add essential oil and mix well. My favorite is tea tree oil as it prevents me and also helps me to get rid of acne on my face and some ingrown hair bumps on legs. You can add lemon Essential Oil as it has the skin lightening ability and controls sebum production or Lavender Essential Oil to get relief from dry skin. Store any remaining scrub in an airtight container. You can adjust the proportion according to your need of use.
Apply the honey sugar scrub to your skin and gently massage the skin for 3-5 minutes and rinse it off after 15 minutes. Repeat this at least once a week. If your skin tolerates it well, use the scrub up to three times per week. After exfoliating with a honey sugar scrub, pat your skin dry with a soft towel and apply moisturizer.
Pay attention to your skin; if you notice your face become red, inflamed or irritated, stop using the scrub immediately. Always test the scrub on a small portion of your skin first, and immediately stop using the scrub if you notice a skin reaction.
Related: Aloe and Honey lip scrub for smooth and soft lips.
Go ahead and try these remedies and do let me know your experiences in the comments section below.