(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Acne is a long-term skin disease that occurs when hair follicles become clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin. To make skin perfect there are many products in the market which claims that it will fulfill our skin requirements and without knowing our skin type & requirements, we started to use that. There are many over the counter medicine and other products in the market which claim the eradication of acne. But we know every prescribed medicine comes with along some side effects like redness, dryness, itchy skin etc. So, if you want to remove the problems from the root, you should go for a permanent solution by giving the natural blessing to your skin. If you are a DIY person then you should give a must try to your skin of DIY acne gel which is made up of essential oils which are the main ingredient that will target our requirements.
Now, let’s have a look at why and what ingredients we are using to make DIY acne gel.
Benefits of DIY Acne Gel Ingredients
- Auxins and gibberellins of aloe vera help in wound healing and have anti-inflammatory action.
- It also contains salicylic acid that possesses anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and kills the acne causing bacteria.
- Aloe vera helps in moisturizing your skin, keeps the skin hydrated, rejuvenated and glowing.
- Its antibacterial and anti-viral properties kill bacteria and virus.
- Anti-microbial and antiseptic properties of tea tree oil kill harmful microbes and protect wounds from getting infected.
- It has unique disinfecting and soothing properties and, unlike other acne treatments, tea tree oil will not strip your skin of its natural oils and cause further damage.
- It has anti-fungal properties which inhibit fungus to develop.
- It can be a great moisturizer for dry and chapped skin.
- Lavender tones and makes your skin firm as it boosts circulation, thus resulting in an adequate supply of oxygen and nutrition to the skin cells. This helps in keeping the cells healthy and boosting their renewal process.
- The oil has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that can fight the bacteria that cause acne and inflammation.
- Good for oily skin as it regulates the oil production on the face.
- Cleanses skin pores and exfoliates the dead skin cells.
- It has antiseptic property to heal wounds.
Also, see DIY Apple Cider Vinegar for acne and clear skin
Procedure For DIY Acne Gel
- Take a bowl and put fresh or organic aloe vera gel in it. I have taken green coloured aloe vera gel but you can take normal transparent(white) aloe gel.
- Add all essential oils to it and mix well.
- Keep it in an air-tight glass container.
- You can store it for 3-4 weeks.
- Cleanse your face with your facial cleanser.
- Now put your clean face towel in handheld hot water and soak it.
- Wring out the face towel, and place the hot cloth over your face for a couple of minutes. This will open pores to make the gel go into the pores and heals acne from inside.
- Now apply your DIY acne gel.
- If needed, apply moisturizer when the gel has completely penetrated into the skin.
- Apply this DIY acne gel twice or thrice in a day.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the DIY acne gel container away from sunlight.
Ready to reverse your aging skin?
If you are really looking to reverse your aging skin, then you have to check out my free ebook on 5 Anti Aging Rosehip Oil Skin Care Recipes.
In this ebook, I reveal the 5 rosehip oil recipes which I highly recommend to reverse your aging skin. Best of all, its free and you will receive more natural beauty advice and best offers!