Acne is a long-term skin disease that occurs when hair follicles become clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin. To make skin perfect there are many products in the market which claims that it will fulfill our skin requirements and without knowing our skin type & requirements, we started to use that. There are many over the counter medicine and other products in the market which claim the eradication of acne. But we know every prescribed medicine comes with along some side effects like redness, dryness, itchy skin etc. So, if you want to remove the problems from the root, you should go for a permanent solution by giving the natural blessing to your skin. If you are a DIY person then you should give a must try to your skin of DIY acne gel which is made up of essential oils which are the main ingredient that will target our requirements.
Now, let’s have a look at why and what ingredients we are using to make DIY acne gel.
Benefits of DIY Acne Gel Ingredients
- Auxins and gibberellins of aloe vera help in wound healing and have anti-inflammatory action.
- It also contains salicylic acid that possesses anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and kills the acne causing bacteria.
- Aloe vera helps in moisturizing your skin, keeps the skin hydrated, rejuvenated and glowing.
- Its antibacterial and anti-viral properties kill bacteria and virus.
- Anti-microbial and antiseptic properties of tea tree oil kill harmful microbes and protect wounds from getting infected.
- It has unique disinfecting and soothing properties and, unlike other acne treatments, tea tree oil will not strip your skin of its natural oils and cause further damage.
- It has anti-fungal properties which inhibit fungus to develop.
- It can be a great moisturizer for dry and chapped skin.
- Lavender tones and makes your skin firm as it boosts circulation, thus resulting in an adequate supply of oxygen and nutrition to the skin cells. This helps in keeping the cells healthy and boosting their renewal process.
- The oil has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that can fight the bacteria that cause acne and inflammation.
- Good for oily skin as it regulates the oil production on the face.
- Cleanses skin pores and exfoliates the dead skin cells.
- It has antiseptic property to heal wounds.
Procedure of DIY Acne Gel
- 5 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 1-2 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- an air-tight glass container (because of essential oils)
Steps to make DIY acne gel
- Take a bowl and put fresh or organic aloe vera gel in it. I have taken green coloured aloe vera gel. You can take normal transparent(white) aloe gel.
- Add all essential oils into it and mix well.
- Keep it in an air-tight glass container. You can store it for 15-20 days.
How to apply DIY acne gel
- Cleanse your face with your facial cleanser.
- Now put your clean face towel in hand held hot water and soak it.
- Wring out the face towel, and place the hot cloth over your face for a couple of minutes. This will open pores to make the gel go inside the pores and heals acne from inside.
- Now apply your DIY acne gel. The Cinnamon and lavender oil will help to reduce the enlarged pores and also control the production of skin oil.
- If needed, apply moisturizer when the gel has completely penetrated into the skin.
- Apply this DIY acne gel twice or thrice in a day after cleansing your face.
- Be sure to do a patch test to make sure your skin does not have an adverse reaction to the oils. The inner forearm is a great place to do a test since the skin is delicate, similar to facial skin.
- Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
- keep the DIY acne gel container away from sunlight.
Go ahead and try these remedies and do let me know your experiences in the comments section below.
Standard FTC disclosure: Any/all of the links on this website may contain affiliate links. However, I only recommend those products which either I have used myself or is recommended to me by someone I know closely. In any case, I do a thorough research of the products I recommend.