Now it is about time to skip your chemical laden body lotion and make your own instead. This lemon and coconut oil body lotion is very soothing for skin. It is deeply moisturizing and also helps exfoliates your skin. Therefore makes your skin clear and healthy. This lotion also has powerful antioxidant properties which help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Hence, you get youthful and naturally glowing skin. So why not whip your own lemon and coconut oil body lotion at home to make your skin healthy and beautiful.
Before getting to the recipe, let’s take a look at what are the benefits of Lemon and coconut oil body lotion.
Benefits Of Lemon And Coconut Oil Body Lotion
- Coconut oil contains antibacterial and antifungal properties which kill harmful bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms living on your skin. This helps clear your skin and make your skin healthy.
- It is a rich source of saturated fat. Saturated fat helps moisturize skin and also keep the moisture locked in. This makes your skin soft and smooth.
- It contains vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant. Vitamin E neutralizes harmful free radicals and prevents skin cell damage.
- Coconut oil boosts collagen production which helps improve elasticity and firmness of your skin. Hence fades fine lines and wrinkles.
- Grapeseed oil is a rich source of oleic acid. Oleic acid has the ability to deeply moisturize your skin and help you get rid of dry and flaky skin.
- It contains vitamin C and vitamin E which are a powerful antioxidant. These vitamins are very effective in reducing wrinkles and scars.
- Grapeseed oil works great for oily and dry skin both. It has astringent properties which help tighten skin by contraction of skin cells.
- It also works great in toning your skin. This oil has the ability to penetrate the pores and cleans off excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells. This helps make your skin clean.
Lemon Essential Oil
- The lemon essential oil is very effective in removing excess oils clogging your pores. This helps detoxify your skin and prevent the formation of blackheads.
- It has antibacterial properties which help in treating acne. While it’s astringent properties help tighten pores.
- It contains citric acid which helps lighten acne scars and dark spots. This makes your skin tone even.
- Lemon oil also balances your skin’s natural pH. This protects your skin from various infections and diseases.
Procedure For Lemon And Coconut Oil Body Lotion
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil (Buy from Here)
- 4 tablespoon grapeseed oil (Buy from Here)
- 1.5 tablespoon emulsifying wax NF (Buy from Here)
- 1 tablespoon cetyl alcohol (Buy from Here)
- 30 drops lemon essential oil (Buy from Here)
- 1 cup distilled water (Buy from Here)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid germall plus (Buy From Here)
- Put some water(1-inch level) in a wide flat bottomed pan and simmer it over low to medium-low heat.
- Put the distilled water into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place the measuring cup in your prepared water.
- Now, put coconut oil, grapeseed oil, cetyl alcohol, and emulsifying wax NF into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place that measuring cup in the prepared water as well.
- Heat both parts through for 20-30 minutes; this ensures the oil part is thoroughly melted.
- After 20-30 minutes, pour the water part into the oil part. Remove both measuring cups from the water and set it on a dishtowel to insulate it from the countertop.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the solution together. After a minute or two of blending, leave it to cool for 10 minutes before returning to blend it some more.
- Blend the mixture a few more times until the cream is only a bit warmer than room temperature, and then mix liquid germall plus and lemon essential oil.
- Transfer the cream into an airtight container.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the cream container away from light.
4. Always apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.
Ready to reverse your aging skin?
If you are really looking to reverse your aging skin, then you have to check out my free ebook on 5 Anti Aging Rosehip Oil Skin Care Recipes.
In this ebook, I reveal the 5 rosehip oil recipes which I highly recommend to reverse your aging skin. Best of all, its free and you will receive more natural beauty advice and best offers!