Aging is a natural process which you can’t get away with. But aging gracefully can be a boon for any type of skin.
Don’t worry! you don’t have to empty pocket on expensive serum even you can achieve the flawless skin naturally.
Using essential oils on skin, provide essential nutrients and vitamin.
So, Treat your signs of aging with this anti-aging face serum which fights wrinkles, age spots, scars, and acne.
This is all in one MIRACLE SERUM.
Benefits Of DIY Anti-Aging Face Serum
This face serum contains highly effective oils which help you to achieve a flawless skin.
These oils have numerous benefits and help to get glowing skin. Let’s take a look what are the benefits of ingredients used in anti-aging face serum.
1. Hemp Seed Oil
It is high in omega acids 3, 6, and 9, which help hydrate the skin and removes dryness.
It removes fine lines and promotes cell regeneration at the faster rate.
Hemp seed oil is rich in fatty acids which soothe inflamed skin and may even modulate skin oil production treating acne.
2. Argan Oil
Argan oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, linoleic acids, and essential omega fatty acids which repairs and hydrates skin.
This oil makes an excellent moisturizer with anti-inflammatory qualities for red, reactive skin.
It is excellent oil for healing irritated or damaged skin.
It treats acne and scars.
It prevents from oxidative damage i.e free radicals and UV radiation.
3. Pomegranate Seed Oil
The regenerative properties of pomegranate oil make it an important ingredient in many anti-aging skin care products.
It contains a unique polyunsaturated oil called “punicic acid”, an omega 5 fatty acid, which has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
The oil prevents from free radicals to keep skin aging at bay.
It also provides protection against sun damage just like pomegranate fruit, its oil is also prized for its antioxidant properties.
It helps with collagen production, firming the skin.
4. Geranium Essential Oil
The best thing about geranium essential oil is that it is a cicatrizant which helps fade scars gradually and make your skin flawless.
It treats and prevents acne and it has anti-inflammatory property.
It is a natural cleanser which removes dirt and pollution and exfoliates dead cells.
5. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Anti-microbial and antiseptic properties of tea tree oil kill harmful microbes and protect the skin from getting infected.
It removes acne, razor bumps, ingrown hairs, acne scars and keeps skin hydrated. (Check tea tree oil face cleanser for acne prone skin)
6. Rose Essential Oil
Rose essential oil has excellent emollient properties which moisturize dry skin and has antiseptic and astringent properties which treat acne prone skin.
It has anti-inflammatory properties that help treat redness and inflammation.
Rose oil can also help refine skin texture, controlling skin diseases such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
7. Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense can help in fading away acne, surgery marks, stretch marks and other types of scars from the skin.
It can reduce wrinkles and fine lines by regenerating healthy skin cells.
Procedure To Make DIY Anti-aging Face Serum
- 30 ml dark colored bottle (Buy From Here)
- 10 ml hemp seed oil (Buy From Here)
- 5 ml argan oil (Buy From Here)
- 10 ml pomegranate seed oil (Buy From Here)
- 4 drops geranium essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 6 drops rose essential oil (Buy From Here)
- Combine hemp seed oil, argan oil and pomegranate seed oil in a small dark-colored bottle using a funnel.
- Now add essential oils carefully to the serum bottle.
- Shake gently to combine all the ingredients.
- Take 3-5 drops of face serum on your cleansed palm and apply the oil to the skin and massage gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Apply in the morning on cleansed face and before using any make-up and in the evening before going to sleep on a clean face.
- This recipe makes a little bit less dan 1 ounce of oil since you’ll need some space in the bottle for the dropper (otherwise it will run over if you close the bottle). I would recommend using a kitchen scale to measure the ingredients.
- Use within six months.
1. Be sure to do a patch test to make sure your skin does not have an adverse reaction to the oils. The inner forearm is a great place to do a test since the skin is delicate, similar to facial skin.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the face oil bottle away from light.
Dalana MaukJune 22, 2018 at 5:44 pm
I would like to try this recipe, but the oil measurements are in ml, which is liquid. In the instructions you suggest using a kitchen scale for accuracy. Could you please send me what that would be in gr or oz.
MamtaJuly 4, 2018 at 10:52 am
Use these measurements.
30ml = 1 Fluid Ounce. 10ml = 0.34 Fluid Ounce. 5ml = 0.17 Fluid Ounce
NamitaApril 19, 2019 at 4:40 pm
Is it necessary to have all the oils . I do not have pomegranate oil and hemp seed and rose oil ,
Can I replace one of them with oil
MamtaMay 23, 2019 at 8:02 am
You can replace the hemp seed and pomegranate oil with rosehip oil, but I would recommend to use them. Also, you can replace rose oil with lavender oil.
SylviaJune 4, 2019 at 9:00 pm
As the serum is all oil, is it ok to use it before moisturiser or after ?
MamtaJune 5, 2019 at 4:56 am
Hi Sylvia, you can use this serum before applying moisturizer.
LenorOctober 25, 2019 at 3:02 am
Hi thank you for all your wonderful recipes! I have a couple of questions…
1. Re replacement for pomegranate oil, and rose oil , you’ve said lavender. Can you do lavender and rose?
2. If you use this serum during day , which moisturiser would you recommend? I’m 57 with normal skin
3. I Love my oils, but wearing makeup during the day, I find that my eyes (mascara) smudge leaving me with Panda eyes ! I take care not to apply my serum in the eye area but it still “runs”
4 . Specially for wrinkles around eyes, what do you recommend for evening routine?
Thanks in advance
MamtaJanuary 27, 2020 at 5:07 pm
Here are the answers –
1. Yes, you can use lavender and rose.
2. You can prefer any brand of moisturizer which uses natural ingredients that suits your skin. Else you can create your own moisturizer if you want to.
4. For wrinkles are eyes you can check this – https://alluringsoul.com/under-eye-mask-puffiness-wrinkles-dark-circles/ and this https://alluringsoul.com/diy-anti-wrinkle-under-eye-serum/
Angie BolingbrokeApril 4, 2020 at 3:06 am
I have the same problem no matter what I do. FINALLY asked my daughters how they manage to wear so much mascara with no Panda effect…they they suggested that I use an eye setting powder after I complete my eye makeup routine. Between that AND waiting until the eye serum has really sunk in, I’ve managed to control the Panda look. So my morning after shower routine begins with the eye serum….while that sinks in, I do pretty much everything else (body oil, deo, etc) then go back to makeup.
StephanieFebruary 17, 2020 at 11:55 am
Hi, do your recipes come in regular metrics equivalent s or would u post them that way. It’s much easier to measure exact amounts. Thanks
MamtaAugust 22, 2020 at 5:24 am
I do both. I do measure in cups for some of the recipes while for smaller amounts I measure in exact metrics.
BeverleyJuly 25, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Hi I try the clay face mask yesterday. It make my face feel soft and smoot..