If you compare women living in urban and rural environments, you will find that those exposed to increased pollution has more dark spots and wrinkling. Now the sun isn’t the only villain, pollution and dirt play important role in damaging skin and making skin dark or dull. The pollution, dirt and clogged pores cause acne and acne give dark marks on the skin. Skin pigmentation in humans has increased due to these harmful reasons. To combat this hateful skin issue, people should use natural solution which has no side effects on the skin. So, how to lighten skin fast?.
Skin lightening, or skin bleaching, is a procedure that aims to lighten dark areas of skin or achieve a generally paler skin tone. It’s usually used to improve the appearance of blemishes such as birthmarks, dark spots or patches and sunburnt skin. Below are some natural remedies for how to lighten skin fast.
1. How to lighten Skin Fast by using Lemons
Lemon contains vitamin C which reduces the appearance of dark spots or patches and other types of sun damage. It also has citric acid which acts as a chemical exfoliant and removes acne and the dead cells and which will ultimately give a lighter toned skin. Following remedies are good for all skin types.
- Cut a lemon and extract the juice. Add 1/2 tablespoon distilled water to it(for sensitive skin) and apply it to your cleansed face with the help of cotton. Wash it off with normal water after 10-15 minutes and apply your regular moisturizer. Use this pack daily to see a fast result.
- Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of honey and apply on a cleansed face to get rid of the dark skin. Honey is good for skin as it hydrates the dry skin as well as exfoliate the dead skin cells. Use daily for good result.
- Or you can apply a paste of 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of cucumber and 1 tablespoon of honey on cleansed face. Cut out a small cucumber after peeling it and put it in the blender with lemon juice and make a fine paste. Use daily. Cucumber calms the irritated skin and cleanse the clogged pores and also removes the dead skin cells and makes skin smooth and soft.
- Caution: Lemon can irritate the sensitive skin and can sting on open cuts or wound. Do a patch test before applying to your skin. It is preferred to use lemon juice on the face in the evening or at night to avert from any reaction due to the sun.
2. How to lighten skin fast by using Papaya
Papaya has papain enzyme, a protein-dissolving enzyme which is a natural acne fighter. It is very effective in skin renewal and skin lightening and gives glowing skin also. It functions as an exfoliator, skin softer and moisturizer. Papaya is good for all skin types.
- Mash the papaya pulp to a smooth paste and apply on your cleansed skin. Leave this pack for 20 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. Apply this daily for fast result.
- Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon of papaya pulp to 1/2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and apply to your cleansed face. Leave this pack for 20 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. Apply daily. This face pack will absorb excess oil and gives you shine free and blemish free skin.
- Or, Mix 1 tablespoon papaya pulp with 1 tablespoon honey to deeply hydrate your skin and make it problem free. Keep this mask for 20 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. Do this daily for desired results.
3. How to lighten skin fast by using Turmeric
There are many fairness creams in the market which uses turmeric for fairness. But if you are looking for any natural remedy, turmeric is the answer. Vitamin C present lightens the dark spots and patches and maintains the skin firmness and tautness by building up collagen. Turmeric can be used by all skin types.
- To lighten skin, mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey and make a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your face and neck, leaving it for approximately 30 minutes. Rinse it off. Do this daily. This mask can be good for oily skin as lemon will absorb the excess oil, honey will keep skin moisturized and turmeric will exfoliate the dead skin cells to give a bright and glowing skin.
- Alternatively, You can mix 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel to lighten your skin fast. Aloe Vera is good for dry and sensitive skin as it calms the irritated skin and keeps skin moisturized.
4. How to lighten skin fast by using Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera gel contains vitamins A, C and E, which are antioxidants. Antioxidants protect skin by limiting the production of free radicals, which can damage skin cells. It reduces the signs of aging and helps lightening dark spots or blemishes. Always try to use natural or organic aloe vera gel which is free from harmful chemicals.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and apply the paste on your face and neck, leaving it for approximately 30 minutes. Rinse it off. Do this daily.
- Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel with 1 tablespoon of honey and apply to your cleansed face. Leave this pack for 30 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. Apply daily. This face mask will moisturize as well as lighten the dark spots on face.
5. How to lighten skin fast by using Yogurt
- Lactic acid present in yogurt is effective in gently lightening skin, whether that’s pigmentation patches, pimple/acne scars (not deep ones) or simply uneven skin tone. It is good for dry as well as all types of skin as it has excellent softening abilities.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh yogurt and 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric to get skin lightened. Apply to your cleansed face and eave this pack for 30 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. Apply daily. Or you can simply apply yogurt to remove suntan, acne marks, and other blemishes.
6. How to lighten skin fast by using Orange
- Orange peels have a higher content of vitamin C than the fruit itself. Instead of throwing away the peels, you can dry them in the sun and grind them to prepare orange peel powder. This can be used as a body scrub. Because of its antioxidant power, it slows the rate of skin damage experienced from UV light exposure, pollution, and toxicity and helps in fading out dark pigmentation on the skin.
- Mix orange peel powder and milk and form a paste. Apply to your cleansed face. Leave this pack for 30 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. Apply daily to get the fast result. Or simply you can apply the orange juice to your skin to get skin lightened.
- Also, see orange sugar scrub for a clear and smooth skin.
7. How to lighten skin fast by using Potato
- If you are suffering from chronic skin issues, or even if you are just sick of dealing with a dull and lackluster complexion, the simple answer may be a vitamin B deficiency. Vitamin B6 present in potatoes exfoliate the dead skin cells and improves complexion.
- Chop the potatoes into smaller chunks. The portions should be small enough to fit in the opening of your juicer. Process the potatoes through your juicer. Do not juice the peels. Now mix the potato juice with few drops of lemon and apply on your cleansed face to get a lighter shade of your skin. Wash it off after 20 minutes. Repeat daily.
You may also want to try potato scrub for skin whitening.
8. How to lighten skin fast by using Carrot
- Carrots are very beneficial in lightening the skin tone and to even out the patchy blemished skin. It will naturally reduce the melanin. Melanin is the cause of the darkness of the skin. Carrot is good for all skin types.
- Cut a small sized carrot into small pieces and make a smooth paste in a blender. Now mix 1 tablespoon of yogurt and few drops of lemon juice to this paste and apply to your cleansed face. Rinse it off after 20 minutes. This mask will rejuvenate your skin by forming new skin cells and sheds dead skin cells.
9. How to lighten skin by using Milk powder
- Milk contains a good amount of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B3 and other vital nutrients that help reduces skin damage, boost hydration, promotes healthy, glowing and lighter toned skin. Milk powder lightens your skin by promoting the shedding of pigmented skin cells.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of milk powder, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey and make a spreadable paste. Apply this to your cleansed face. Leave this pack for 30 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. Apply daily.
10. How to lighten skin fast by Sandalwood
- Sandalwood will make your skin bright and attractive which is a wonderful ingredient that is extracted from the Mother Nature.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder with rose water and make a smooth paste. Apply this to your cleansed and rinse it off after 20 minutes. This mask will give you an instant glow to your face and prevents you from acne. This is the effective ancient method used by queens or princess to lighten skin.
11. How to lighten skin by using Tomato
- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that offers many benefits for skin including protecting skin from UV rays, delaying skin aging and lightens skin. It contains vitamin A that fades dark spots and blemishes and smoothes out rough skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of tomato juice or puree to 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 tablespoon of turmeric and apply to your face. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash the face with normal water. Regular use of this mask not only helps to lighten complexion, it is also effective in removing dark circles under eyes.
12. How to lighten skin fast by using Sugar
- Sugar can be one of the most effective ingredients when you are trying to lighten your skin; the granules help to exfoliate and cleanse skin while opening pores for moisture. Mixed properly, sugar can lighten and soften your skin after just a few applications.
- Make a sugar scrub using 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix well and apply to your skin. Gently massage your skin with this scrub for 3-5 minutes to remove dead skin cells which make skin dull and dark.
13. How to lighten skin fast by using Oatmeal
- Take 2 teaspoons of oatmeal and mix them with few drops of lemon juice. Add milk into it to become a smooth paste and apply this paste on your skin. Leave it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off with water.
- Oats is a very good exfoliator. Lime juice helps in skin lightening and milk will moisturize skin. So, this mixture will give you a fair complexion with healthy skin.
14. How to lighten skin fast by using Mint
- Its external application helps to fade away the acne scars and blemishes and internal intake purifies the blood and reduces acne re-occurrence. Mint cleans up the pores and the vitamin A element present in it helps in controlling the excessive oil that the skin produces and also tones up the skin & remove the blackheads instantly.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of mint paste with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and add few drops of lemon juice to get extra benefits. Make a smooth paste and apply this paste on your skin. Leave it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off with water.
15. How to lighten skin fast by using Gram flour
- Gram flour controls oil secretion and absorbs excess oil and sebum. It removes dirt and toxins from the deeper layer of the skin to enhance the natural glow. It helps to regulate the moisture, nourish and keep the skin soft and supple. The natural exfoliating properties of gram flour remove dead skin and encourage new cell production thus, helps to lighten skin.
- Mix gram flour, yogurt, and turmeric to a smooth paste and apply this paste on your skin. Leave it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off with water.
16. How to lighten skin fast by using Fuller’s earth clay
- Clay, absorb excess sebum as they contain magnesium oxide that cleanses the skin and absorbs the fat from it. It brightens the skin and renews cells. The essential nutrients contained in the clay gives a toning effect on the skin as it is a bleaching agent and is used as a skin lightening agent.
- Simply mix clay with rose water and apply this paste on your skin. Leave it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off with water.
17. How to lighten skin fast by using Rice flour
- Rice is a natural anti-aging and oil-absorbing properties make them good for acne-prone and dull mature skin. It’s also a good anti-inflammatory and skin whitening agent that soothes sunburned skin and makes skin smooth and fairer naturally.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of rice flour, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice well to form a smooth paste. Apply to your cleansed face and gently massage skin for 3-5 minutes and then let it be on the face for 20 minutes. Rinse it with normal water and apply your daily moisturizer. Repeat daily to get a fair and clear skin.
18. How to lighten skin fast by using Pineapple
- Apply pineapple on the face on a regular basis as the fruit is one of the best solutions for your fair skin complexion and glowing face. It has the ability to enhance your beauty in totality and keep you acne, pimples, and wrinkles free and also ward off moles, warts, blemishes, black spots etc.
- Cut the Pineapple into small pieces and make a smooth paste in a blender. Now add some honey to the paste and apply to your cleansed face. Keep it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off. Do this daily to get fair and blemish free skin.
19. How to lighten skin fast by using Kiwifruit
- Kiwi has a higher concentration of vitamin C than even an orange. And it also has alpha hydroxy acids that are great for maintaining elasticity in the skin and for removing dead skin cells. It’s a perfect fruit for your skin, especially, in the winter.
- Peel the kiwi and puree it. Now mix 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey to the pureed kiwi and mix well to make a creamy paste. Apply this paste on your skin and leave it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off with water.
20. How to lighten skin fast by using Egg white
- Egg protein has an important role to play for repairing of tissues and tightening the skin. It has vitamin A which removes dead skin cells, controls acne and makes skin smooth and moisturized. It regulates the oil production of the skin. Regular usage of this mask will help improve complexion and also prevents from aging effects.
- Mix 1 egg white, 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon turmeric powder well and make a smooth spreadable paste. Apply this paste on your skin and leave it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off with water.
21. How to lighten skin fast by using Strawberry
- Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, alpha hydroxy acids, and polyphenols which make skin bright and fair. It removes dark spots, acne, wrinkles and dryness of skin. Alpha hydroxy acid helps to way away dead skin cells and gives clear skin.
- Put 3-4 strawberries in a blender and make a smooth paste of it. Now mix 1 tablespoon milk powder and few drops of lemon juice to strawberry paste and make a spreadable paste. Apply this paste on your skin and leave it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off with water. Do daily to get the desired result. You can add yogurt in place of milk powder if you have oily skin.
22. How to lighten skin fast by using Vitamin E oil
- Vitamin E does not only whiten skin, it also makes skin smooth, soft and supple. Moreover, it does wonders for the skin. It removes blemishes, scars, and wrinkles. It’s a tonic for the skin.
- Put some olive oil on your cleansed hand mixed with 1 vitamin E capsule and apply to your face. Gently massage the skin for 3-5 minutes and keep it overnight for fast result. Do daily to get the desired result.
23. How to lighten skin fast by using Licorice root
- The root of Licorice works like a charm when used in its original form on the skin. The root would make your skin clearer and fairer instead of damaging your skin like artificial cosmetics do. Licorice root being an ayurvedic medicine is used on all skin types, be it oily skin, irritated or mature and uneven skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon grinned oatmeal powder, 1 tablespoon licorice root powder, and honey. Mix well and apply this paste on your skin and leave it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off with water. Do daily to get the desired result. This mask removes the dead skin cells, reduces inflammation & acne and makes skin glow and fair.
24. How to lighten skin by using Red Lentil
- The magical red lentil(masoor dal) which is beneficial for treating many skin problems such as remove dead skin cells, makes skin smooth and bright. It has the special ability to remove toxins from the skin and makes skin fair.
- Soak some lentil overnight and make a smooth paste by adding raw milk. Now mix some honey with it. Mix well and apply this paste on your skin and leave it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off with water. Do daily to get the desired result. You can keep the paste in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Go ahead and try these remedies and do let me know your experiences in the comments section below. Also spread the word by sharing this post to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest by clicking the share button.
Get The Daily Healthy.
Get your free dose of healthy living ideas.