(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
We all know that our hands suffer when we expose them to bad weather, lots of water, dirt, chemicals, and the sun. If your hands are working hard for you, it may be time to show them a little respect. Start caring your hands and give them proper nutrients through using this DIY anti-aging cream for dry hands.
It helps in the moisturizing dry skin and makes them soft and also lightens the dark spots and wrinkles. Let’s take a look how it can help your hands or what are the benefits of ingredients used in this anti-aging cream for dry hands.
Benefits of DIY Anti-Aging Cream For Dry Hands
It easily seeps into the skin pores, moisturizing deeply and thoroughly. The fats present in coconut oil help to retain the moisture level of the skin and thereby give a healthy even toned skin. It helps to lighten wrinkles and makes skin soft, firm and supple.
Sunflower Seed Oil
It is a natural way to keep skin moisturized and give proper nutrients to the skin. Being rich in essential nutrients and antioxidants, it is used widely for cosmetic purpose. Sunflower oil contains a high amount of Vitamin E, A, C, and D. These vitamins are essential for preventing damage to the skin cells by the ultraviolet light from the sun and also improves the appearance and health of your skin by preventing scarring and smoothing of existing wrinkles.
Flax Seed Oil
The protein and fatty acids in flaxseed oil can help prevent and stop wrinkles. If applied topically firms the skin and helps to repair the skin’s cells. It helps in brightening and smoothening of fine lines and wrinkles and for the rehydration of dry, itchy skin because the fatty acids prevent the skin from drying out and keep it moist.
Beeswax forms a protective barrier that helps protect it from environmental problems, while also holding in moisture and reducing dryness. It attracts water molecules, helps in keeping skin hydrated over time.
Shea Butter has shown to be a superb moisturizer, with exceptional healing properties for the skin. It is an all natural healing Vitamin A cream and Vitamin A is very important for many skin conditions including wrinkles, acne, blemishes, and eczema. Additionally, It gets deeply absorbed by the skin and hydrates the skin. Vitamin E found in shea butter helps to bring the softness back into a rough and leathery complexion.
Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil is very effective for scars, dark spots and wrinkles. It helps in regeneration of skin cells and makes them less visible due to its powerful astringent and regenerative properties. It helps to remove slows signs of aging and keeps skin hydrated.
Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum is used in many anti-aging products and can help target aging spots. The oil has a myriad of benefits that apply to the skin. When you want to combat acne and promote a glowing complexion, Helichrysum essential oil is a helpful companion that will improve the appearance of the skin and soothes dry and irritated skin.
Procedure For DIY Anti-Aging Cream For Dry Hands
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (Buy From Here)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed oil (Buy From Here)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed oil (Buy From Here)
- 3 tablespoons beeswax pastilles (Buy From Here)
- 1 tablespoon shea butter (Buy From Here)
- 15 drops of frankincense essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 15 drops of helichrysum essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 1/4 teaspoon Saliguard PCG preservative (optional) (Buy From Here)
- 8-ounce glass jar (Buy From Here)
How to make
- Combine coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter in a heat safe glass bowl and melt them using double boiler system. The oils and beeswax should have been completely melted and then add flaxseed and sunflower oil.
- Let it be cool for some time.
- Now, when the melted oils are not hot or the oils are warm, add essential oils and mix it well.
- If you are using Saliguard PCG preservative, now is the best time to add. Add the preservative with a dropper or small spoon and again mix the oils for 1-2 minutes with a spoon.
- Now, immediately pour the mixture into a glass jar.
- Let it cool to room temperature before testing.
- If you would like to adjust the texture, re-melt the balm and add either more beeswax or more oil until the desired texture is reached.
- Apply the hand cream whenever needed.
- Keep this mixture at room temperature and you can use it for 2-3 weeks.
- There are other non-toxic preservatives like NeoDefend, Liquid Germall Plus and Optiphen which you can add to your DIY recipes and see the instructions on the packet for how to use them.