Many people look for chemical-laden skincare products to get the skin of their dreams. But the truth is these products do more harm than good to your skin. That’s why it’s time to switch to natural ingredients for your daily skincare. This will not only boost the health of your skin but also make it naturally glowing. So in this post, I am going to share DIY anti-aging citrus night cream recipe. This face cream is completely natural and you can make it at home easily.
This citrus night cream provides many benefits to your skin
- It exfoliates your skin and makes your skin tone even.
- It works as a great anti-aging agent.
- It helps fade acne scars, dark spots and many more.
In this face cream recipe, I have used some of the best citrus essential oils like sweet orange oil and grapefruit oil. It also contains argan oil, rosehip oil, and some other carrier oils which would help you get naturally glowing skin.
Now before heading down to the recipe let’s see what are the benefits of citrus night cream in detail.
Benefits Of Anti-aging Citrus Night Cream
Grapefruit And Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Citrus essential oils like sweet orange oil and grapefruit oil are well known for their exfoliation properties. They unclog pores by removing excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells. This helps in making your skin clear as well as shrink pores.
They contain antibacterial properties which kill acne-causing bacteria. This prevents future acne breakouts. They also have anti-inflammatory properties which reduce swelling, redness and help heal acne.
Citrus oils are very effective in inhibiting the overproduction of melanin which helps fade dark spots, age spots, and other skin pigmentation. They help stimulate healthy cell regeneration. This allows the skin to keep new and rejuvenated cells at the surface. Hence your skin looks youthful and glowing.
Citrus oils have powerful antioxidant properties that fight free radicals. This prevents cell damage and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
It contains vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant that repairs damaged skin cells. This helps reduce scarring, making your skin tone even. It is very light in texture and gets absorbed by the skin very easily. This allows argan oil to deeply moisturize your skin and make it soft and glowing.
Argan oil is very effective in treating acne and blemishes. It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and redness of your acne. It also balances sebum(oil) production in your skin which aid in treating acne.
Vitamin E Oil
It works as an effective anti-aging agent. It helps to slow down the skin’s natural aging process as well as reduces the appearance of wrinkles. Vitamin E oil restores the lost moisture in your skin. This helps in healing dry and damaged skin.
Free radicals are one of the main reason that causes dark spots. Since vitamin E oil is high in antioxidants, it eliminates free radicals and fades dark spots. It cleanses your skin by removing toxins and other pollutants. This makes your skin healthy and naturally glowing.
Frankincense Essential Oil
- It promotes the growth of new cell which helps the skin to heal scars quickly.
- It is full of antioxidants which helps prevent premature skin aging. Frankincense oil also restores the lost collagen in your skin. This improves the elasticity and strength of your skin. Hence tightens your sagging skin.
- It contains powerful antimicrobial properties which kill harmful bacteria, fungus, and other microorganisms. This protects your skin from various infections.
It has a high content of essential fatty acids that improve the skin’s moisture levels. This makes your skin soft and plump. It is a natural source of vitamin E, an antioxidant that reduces inflammation and soothes irritation. Since Rosehip oil is rich in essential fatty acids, which help repair and regenerate damaged skin. This helps in reducing the appearance of scars.
Procedure For DIY Anti-aging Citrus Night Cream
- 71g distilled water (Buy From Here)
- 1g allantoin (Buy From Here)
- 2g vegetable glycerin (Buy From Here)
- 2g silk peptides (Buy From Here)
- 05g rosehip oil (Buy From Here)
- 05g argan oil (Buy From Here)
- 5g shea butter (Buy From Here)
- 2g cetearyl alcohol (Buy From Here)
- 5g Emulsifying Wax NF(Buy From Here)
- 2g vitamin E oil (Buy From Here)
- 5 drops grapefruit essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 6 drops sweet orange essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 0.5g liquid germall plus (Buy From Here)
- Put some water(1-inch level) in a wide flat bottomed pan and simmer it over low to medium-low heat.
- Put the water, allantoin powder, glycerin, and silk peptides into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place the measuring cup in your prepared water to melt everything through.
- Now, put rosehip oil, argan oil, shea butter, Cetearyl alcohol, and emulsifying wax NF into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place that measuring cup in the prepared water as well.
- Heat both parts through for 20-30 minutes; this ensures the oil part is thoroughly melted and helps the allantoin and silk peptides fully dissolve in the water part.
- After 20-30 minutes, pour the water part into the oil part. Remove both measuring cups from the water and set it on a dishtowel to insulate it from the countertop.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the solution together. After a minute or two of blending, leave it to cool for 10-15 minutes before returning to blend it some more.
- Blend the mixture a few more times until the cream is only a bit warmer than room temperature, and then mix vitamin E, liquid germall plus, and essential oils.
- Transfer the cream into a glass or tin container.
- How To Apply
- Apply this cream daily at night on a cleansed face.
- Always apply sunblock before going out in the sun.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Allantoin has been used to treat or prevent dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations.
4. Cetearyl Alcohol is a mixture of fatty alcohols consisting predominantly of cetyl and stearyl alcohols found in plants, like Coconut and Palm oils. It is used in cosmetics as a stabilizer to thicken an emulsion and keep it from separating. It also contains emollient properties which leave skin soft and smooth.
5. Silk Peptide Powder imparts a silky, smooth feel to formulations. The silk protein helps balance moisture. It supports skin elasticity and shiny, healthy, strong hair.
6. Keep the face cream container away from light.
Ready to reverse your aging skin?
If you are really looking to reverse your aging skin, then you have to check out my free ebook on 5 Anti Aging Rosehip Oil Skin Care Recipes.
In this ebook, I reveal the 5 rosehip oil recipes which I highly recommend to reverse your aging skin. Best of all, its free and you will receive more natural beauty advice and best offers!