Jojoba beads face scrub is popular as an exfoliant because it is gentle on the skin, does not irritate the skin, and has similarities with the sebum produced by the sebaceous gland in our skin. Due to its lubricating action, it is possible to cleanse out pores effectively. This DIY jojoba beads emulsified face scrub exfoliates skin pores deeply, unclogs blocked pores, is gentle on all skin types including sensitive skin, and does not leave any oily residue on the skin.
Most exfoliating scrubs might come out harsh on the skin, causing redness, peeling, or flaking. And over-exfoliation can render your skin too sensitive to handle any more skincare products. It is, hence, wise to give your skin the time to heal for itself and exfoliate only occasionally, using a gentle jojoba bead emulsified face scrub.
What Is an Emulsified Scrub? How It Is Different From a Regular DIY Scrub?
The main difference between a regular scrub and an emulsified scrub is the extra ingredient called an emulsifier. An emulsified scrub comprises the exfoliating ingredients along with an emulsifier that holds the various immiscible liquids, such as natural oils and other liquids together. The job of an emulsifier is to allow oil and water to mix.
The emulsifying wax in emulsified scrub converts the scrub into a lotion after contact with water. It also adds to the consistency, making the mixture creamy and soft in texture for an effective application. It also helps to rinse off the scrub without leaving an oily residue on the skin.
A regular DIY scrub will contain natural exfoliating agents like sugar but lack consistency. It would contain a pleasant fragrance, mixed with carrier oils and other components, loosely packed. However, most times, such mixtures that lack an emulsifier turns out chaotic and make the application a bit disoriented.
Some of the basic differences between regular scrub and emulsified scrub are –
|REGULAR SCRUB||EMULSIFIED SCRUB|
|Does not contain an emulsifying agent.||It contains an emulsifying agent like emulsifying wax.|
|Does not convert into a lotion-like solution on the skin.||It converts into a lotion-like solution on the skin after mixing with water.|
|Can separate over time.||Do not have to worry about separation.|
|It will leave a greasy residue on your skin, tub, and even floor.||No greasy residue, easy to wash off completely.|
|It does get hard in winter and becomes liquidy in summer.||It does not get hard in winter and liquidy in summer.|
Are Jojoba Beads Good For Skin?
Yes, Jojoba beads are one of the safest exfoliants that can be used on the skin. It is natural, biodegradable, gentle, and effective. Unlike most scrubs, this natural scrub does not leave behind any side effects.
Do Jojoba Beads Dissolve?
Yes, jojoba beads do dissolve in water and they are completely biodegradable and non-toxic.
Benefits Of Jojoba Beads Emulsified Face Scrub
This DIY jojoba beads emulsified face scrub is made with skin-nourishing ingredients like jojoba oil, almond oil and contains kaolin clay and jojoba beads which help to exfoliate dead skin cells and give a clear skin. The benefits of different ingredients are
1. Jojoba Beads
Jojoba bead is an exfoliating agent. It is prepared from Jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is hardened into biodegradable waxy beads called jojoba beads that find use as exfoliants. Jojoba beads are waxy in texture, but gentle on the skin and do not harm the natural skin structure.
It effectively exfoliates the skin and does not cause lacerations on the skin, which is small wear and tear on the skin that can’t be seen by naked eyes. These however serve as areas of microbial concentration and sometimes infection. Jojoba beads are free of preservatives and toxic ingredients. The shape of the beads makes it quite convenient for smooth application and no scratches.
2. Almond Oil
Almonds oil is high in antioxidants and vitamin E. It is a great moisturizing agent thus best suited for dry skin. Almond oil has complexion-increasing properties. It cures acne and removes excess oil. It also has anti-aging properties.
3. Jojoba Oil
Extracted from the Jojoba fruit, jojoba oil is famous for its beautifying properties. Jojoba oil helps the skin avoid future breakouts and cures existing acne. It helps to soothe skin and even out the complexion and has a natural healing process for the skin.
Jojoba oil has several anti-aging properties. It helps to prevent the early signs of fine lines and helps to exfoliate dead skin cells. It helps to heal several skin-related issues such as psoriasis.
4. Kaolin Clay
Kaolin clay gained popularity due to its gentle effects on the skin among other clays, and skin whitening properties. They are available in several colors with unique benefits.
Kaolin clay has great exfoliating properties. It cleanses the skin effectively and helps to remove excess oil from the skin.
This ingredient is used worldwide due to its skin tightening properties adhering to the trend of glass skin. The clay is extremely gentle on the skin and protects the moisture, unlike other clays that are known to leave the skin extremely dry.
5. Emulsifying Wax Nf
Emulsifying wax NF is extracted from the fatty acids of plant oils. It is a common ingredient for making skincare products like lotions and creams. It helps to combine water and oil and converts the mixture into a lotion-like solution.
The emulsifying wax NF converts an emulsified face scrub into a lotion-like solution after mixing with water. It helps to make a scrub non-greasy on the skin and also exfoliates dead skin cells. It also provides nourishment and locks in moisture and holds all ingredients together for easy application.
6. Cetyl Alcohol
Cetyl alcohol is skin-friendly and effective in conferring several benefits. Unlike other alcohols, this ingredient does not irritate the skin, nor does it cause allergic reactions. Its primary function is to act as a thickener and give the scrub its texture. When used in emulsified sugar scrubs, it thickens the scrub without the weight and waxiness of waxes. Due to this, the oil does not separate from the scrub mixture.
It is a type of saturated fatty acid that is extracted from vegetable fats and oils. It also acts as an emulsifier while making scrubs. This ingredient enhances the smoothness of the products and thereby eases their application.
7. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil confers antibacterial and antiviral properties. It helps in cleansing out pores and helps to nourish skin and renders it hydrated. It helps treat acne and other skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. And also helps in healing burns and cuts rapidly.
How To Apply Jojoba Beads Emulsified Face Scrub?
- Cleanse your face with a soap or face cleanser.
- For application, takeout a small lump. Then apply portions on your cheeks, chin, and forehead on your wet face.
- Rub it in. Use water to make the scrub more slippery. The emulsified face scrub will convert into a smooth lotion-like consistency after contact with water.
- Then, gently begin massaging in circles. Make sure you don’t become too harsh on your skin. Do not speed the process too.
- Rinse off.
- Wash off the ingredient with lukewarm water. Make sure to keep the temperature neutral, not too hot or cold for your skin.
- Pat dry.
- Use a clean towel to pat the moisture of the skin. Do not wipe the moisture as any sort of friction after a section of exfoliating can do a certain level of damage. Always be gentle and pat your face.
Recipe For Jojoba Beads Emulsified Face Scrub
- First, prepare a double boiler system and weigh all your ingredients.
- Now, add almond oil, jojoba oil, cetyl alcohol, and emulsifying wax nf into a heat-resistant mixing bowl.
- Place the bowl into the prepared double boiler system to melt everything.
- Once the mixture has melted, remove it from the heat. Then, add clay and mix it into the oil mixture.
- Wait for 30 minutes to let the mixture be at room temperature or you can keep it in the freezer for 10 minutes and then remove it from the freezer. The mixture will look opaque, white, and soft to touch.
- Now, take your hand blender and start blending the mixture until it becomes creamy.
- Then, add jojoba beads and essential oil and mix them well.
- When everything is mixed, then add liquid germall plus (or any oil-soluble preservative) and mix it well.
- Store it in an airtight glass container.
2. Always do a patch test before applying any new product to your skin.