If you are looking for a natural face and body cream then you have landed at just right place. I have created this DIY hibiscus and rose body cream that not only makes your skin healthy but also soft and glowing. It is made with ever soothing hibiscus, almond oil, jojoba oil, and pomegranate seed oil. I have also added some essential oil like rose, frankincense which boosts its efficiency and also gives it a pleasant smell.
Hibiscus is such a plant which gives endless benefits to the skin. Its ability to exfoliate skin gives you clear and even skin tone. It has powerful antioxidants which treat aging skin and also makes your skin youthful. Hibiscus is also an excellent moisturizer for skin which helps you combat dry, dull skin. That’s why it is one of my favorite natural ingredients when it comes to skincare. So why not use this DIY hibiscus and rose body cream to get healthy and gorgeous skin.
Benefits Of Hibiscus And Rose Body Cream
Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects your skin cells from damage-causing free radicals. This way almond oil works great in reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
It has oleic acid and linoleic acid. These two fatty acids together replenish the lost moisture in your skin and also seals it to keep your skin moisturized. Hence makes your skin soft and smooth.
It exfoliates your skin by removing dead skin cells from your skin pores. This helps clear your complexion and make your skin healthy and naturally glowing. Almond oil improves blood circulation in your skin which nourishes your skin cells. This helps revive your dry, dull skin.
Jojoba oil is a very gentle carrier oil. It suits for both oily and dry skin. Now when it comes to oily skin, it is very effective in balancing the sebum(oil) production in your skin. Hence prevents clogged pores and future acne breakouts. It is a very soothing moisturizer for the skin. If you have dry, flaky skin then using jojoba oil can help you get soft and smooth skin.
It is also rich in vitamin E which helps eliminate free radicals and slow down skin aging. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which not only reduce swelling and redness associated with acne but also kill acne-causing bacteria. Hence helps treat acne.
Pomegranate Seed Oil
Pomegranate seed oil is very soothing for dry skin. Its moisturizing properties revitalizes and rejuvenates the skin to help it look smooth, soft and naturally glowing.
It has vitamin C and vitamin E which are natural antioxidants that help to protect the skin from the harmful free radicals. It also restores lost collagen in your skin. Hence helping your skin to appear more youthful.
Pomegranate seed oil balances your skin’s pH level which protects your skin from bacteria, allergens, and pollution. Hence maintains your skin health.
Rose Essential Oil
Rose essential oil is very hydrating for your skin. It revitalizes your dry skin cells and improves your skin’s appearance. It has anti-aging properties which help to rejuvenate your skin by neutralizing free radicals. Its astringent properties work great to tone your skin. It clears your skin pores from dead skin cells. This helps shrink large pores.
Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil provides a wide range of benefits to your skin. It helps regenerate healthy skin cells. This property of frankincense oil helps in healing wounds, fading acne scars, and dark spots. It has powerful antioxidant properties which makes it effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It works great for oily skin too. It soaks excess sebum(oil) from the surface of your skin and keeps it fresh and healthy.
Hibiscus is an excellent exfoliating agent. It contains citric acid which helps remove dead skin cells at the surface of your skin and give you a clear complexion. It also improves cell turnover which helps you get even skin tone. It is rich in antioxidants which gives anti-aging benefits to your skin. It kills skin-damaging free radicals and helps prevent premature skin aging.
Hibiscus contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which soothe swelling and redness of your acne. So if you are troubled by acne so often, using hibiscus can help you get rid of it. It is a water-dense plant which helps hydrate your skin. It also improves your skin’s ability to retain moisture. This keeps your skin stay hydrated, soft and supple for a longer time.
Procedure For DIY Hibiscus And Rose Body Cream
- ¼ cup pomegranate seed oil (Buy From Here)
- 2 tablespoon almond oil (Buy From Here)
- 2 tablespoon jojoba oil (Buy From Here)
- 1.5 tablespoon emulsifying wax NF (Buy From Here)
- 1 tablespoon cetyl alcohol (Buy From Here)
- 1 cup brewed hibiscus tea (Buy From Here)
- 20 drops frankincense essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 10 drops rose essential oil (Buy From Here)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid germall plus preservative (Buy From Here)
- Put some water(1-inch level) in a wide flat bottomed pan and simmer it over low to medium-low heat.
- Put the hibiscus brewed tea into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place the measuring cup in your prepared water.
- Now, put almond oil, jojoba oil, pomegranate seed oil, cetyl alcohol, and emulsifying wax NF into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place that measuring cup in the prepared water as well.
- Heat both parts through for 20-30 minutes; this ensures the oil part is thoroughly melted.
- After 20-30 minutes, pour the water part(hibiscus tea) into the oil part. Remove both measuring cups from the water and set it on a dishtowel to insulate it from the countertop.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the solution together. After a minute or two of blending, leave it to cool for 10-15 minutes before returning to blend it some more.
- Blend the mixture a few more times until the cream is only a bit warmer than room temperature, and then mix liquid germall plus, rose essential oil and frankincense essential oil.
- Transfer the cream into an airtight container.
- Apply the cream twice a day or whenever you needed.
2. Be sure to do a patch test to make sure your skin does not have an adverse reaction to the oils. The inner forearm is a great place to do a test since the skin is delicate, similar to facial skin.
3. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
4. Keep the cream container away from light.
5. Always apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.