Having a dry, itchy scalp is an annoying skin condition. It is irritating when you have to scratch your freshly-braided or retouched hair. The itch is sometimes so intense that you end up with sores on your scalp. To treat the dry and itchy scalp, aloe vera can be the best option. Aloe vera with oils can treat dandruff and dryness of the scalp and make scalp healthy. Let’s see what are the benefits of aloe vera hair mask for dry and itchy scalp.
Causes of Dry and Itchy Scalp
- When the hair (especially oily hair) is not washed frequently enough.
- Dry scalp skin easily gets irritated.
- Stress is a common cause of itch.
- Dandruff is the number one cause of an itchy scalp caused by the fungus infection.
- Use of chemical-filled commercial products.
- Head Lice causes an itch on the scalp.
- Not drinking enough water.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera Hair Mask For Dry And Itchy Scalp
Aloe Vera Gel
Vitamin A present in aloe vera helps to produce healthy sebum, an oily substance secreted by the scalp, which keeps hair and scalp from drying out and breaking off. In addition, Vitamin A fights free radicals that weigh your hair down. Vitamin B12 in aloe vera is important for a healthy scalp. Because of this, it calms the itchy scalp. Vitamin C helps fight the bacteria on the scalp. Aloe vera helps to reduce excessive inflammation when applied to the skin topically and also helps in moisturizing your scalp and hair, keeps the scalp hydrated.
Coconut oil has anti-fungal properties which help in protecting your scalp from the attacks of bacteria, fungus, and other microbial infections. It also treats dandruff, lice and heals scalp boils, scalp pimples, scalp eczema, scalp psoriasis and other disorders of the skin. Coconut oil will moisturize and soothe the dry and itchy scalp.
Almond oil helps in giving moisture to the scalp and shine to hair. It helps in regrowth of hair and makes scalp healthier than before as it contains antioxidants and vitamin E which are beneficial for hair and healthy scalp. Almond oil solves the problems like dry, flaky scalp or dandruff, switching to almond oil is a good idea as well as one of the good remedies for itchy scalp.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has proven good for the healthy scalp. It removes the dryness and dandruff from the scalp. It increases the blood flow to the hair follicles and strengthens the roots and checks hair loss.
Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary Oil has high nutritional value and anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent ingredient for nourishing the hair follicles and soothing the scalp. It also has analgesic properties that make it a good remedy for soothing inflamed scalps. It is known to thicken hair and add shine and is often used by people who have thin, lusterless hair.
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon oil contains vitamin C of which helps fight the bacteria on the scalp. It wards off dandruff and helps to get rid of the follicles’ debris and encourages the growth of new hair and produce healthy sebum i.e skin oil. It also helps with dry and itchy scalps because of its antiviral properties. It is also an essential nutrient for damaged hair and thus, treats and prevents a variety of hair disorders which can damage the hair follicles and affect the normal growth of hair.
Procedure For Aloe Vera Hair Mask For Dry And Itchy Scalp
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl and store it in a dark colored container or pump bottle.
- Use a funnel to pour the mixture into the pump bottle.
- Partition your hair and apply the mixture on your scalp.
- Give a gentle massage of 5 minutes to your scalp.
- Keep it overnight for best result.
- If needed, shampoo your hair the next morning otherwise you can use the mask as a leave-in treatment.
- Apply at least 3 times a week.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the face oil bottle away from light.