You might have loved lemonade and lemon chicken but your skin will love lemon even more. Lemon is a beauty boon for all the skin disorders. Everyone wants a perfect skin and “Lemon for acne” or lemon face mask for acne will make the skin free from dark spots, pimples, and blemishes. It also lightens skin, gives a glow to skin etc. Lemon for acne face mask will be the answer for all the problems associated with acne. It has other skin benefits also which make the skin beautiful and flawless. Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C. That is why they are recommended for all the skin related problem.
Benefits of lemon on acne and Face
- anti-bacterial and antimicrobial properties which fight bacteria-causing acne and avoiding future acne.
- astringent properties which shrink and constrict excess oil and dirt from the pores.
- Vitamin C which
- Reduces the appearance of brown spots and other types of sun damage.
- Helps boost healthy collagen production which causes firmer skin.
- Reduces inflammation and irritation, both of which cause a cascade of damage.
- Fades post-breakout red marks by improving skin’s natural healing response.
- Increases the effectiveness of your sunscreens and boosts your skin’s defense against UV exposure.
- Citric Acid which
- Acts as a chemical exfoliant which removes the dead cells.
- Acts as a natural chemical peel to rid acne.
- has an acidic property that eliminates excess oil.
- Potassium which keeps the skin cells hydrated and moisturized.
- Vitamin B6 which helps in treating a number of skin problems, including eczema, acne, and dry skin.
- Folic Acid which provides the skin a natural glow.
1. Lemon for acne prone and oily skin
- A combination of Lemon and Egg white is a wonder for oily skin. Egg white removes toxins from pores and tightens them, leaving skin clean and smooth. Lemon has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties which fight bacteria-causing acne and avoiding future acne.
- In a blender, mix 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice with 1 egg white until smooth. Use fingertips to massage mixture into skin. Let dry it for 20-25 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry. Repeat daily.
- A mixture of Banana, Lemon and Fuller’s earth will also do great on oily skin. Mash banana and mix fuller’s earth and lemon and make a smooth paste.
- Fuller’s earth will absorb excess oil on face. Banana will moisturize and hydrate skin and as a result, it gives a glowing skin. Lemon fights for acne and removes any acne marks. Use fingertips to massage mixture into skin. Let dry it for 20-25 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry. Repeat daily.
2. Lemon for acne prone and sensitive skin
- Aloe Vera gel is a natural skin soother. It reduces pain and inflammation due to acne. Aloe vera gel and lemon both have anti-microbial properties making it ideal to treat acne and pimples. Lemon contains natural astringent properties which shrink and constrict excess oil and dirt from the pores.
- Apply a paste of 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel and ½ teaspoon lemon juice on the affected area. Leave it on for 20 mins and wash it off.
Alternatively, you can also make a mixture of the same and apply the mix with help of a cotton ball on the affected areas only to treat the acne/pimples.
3. Lemon for acne prone and dry skin
- Mix 1 teaspoon of curd/yogurt, 1 teaspoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of lemon and form a smooth paste. Use fingertips to massage mixture into skin. Let dry it for 20-25 minutes and rinse with normal water.
- The lactic acid in yogurt soothes, softens and tightens the skin and refines the pores. Its high nutrient content and natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties also get rid of germs and other bacteria. And honey moisturises the skin and lemon will stop future acne and heals present one and also removes blemishes and make skin firmer due to its citric acid property.
- Oats, Lemon and Yogurt will give wonder result to dry skin. Lemon will kill bacteria and remove dark spots. Oats will remove dead and white flaky skin and yogurt gives hydration and glow to the skin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon powdered oats with 1 teaspoon lemon and yogurt and make a spreadable paste. Apply on cleaned face and gently massage for 2-3 minutes. Leave this mask for 20-25 minutes and wash it off. Repeat this regularly for a better result.
4. Lemon for acne – Lemon and Basil face mask
- Basil nourishes skin and protects against the toxins that cause acne. Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of raw honey, and 5-10 fresh basil leaves juice/paste until smooth. Apply this mixture to clean skin. Leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse with water and pat dry. Repeat thrice a week.
- Note: Basil juice can be replaced with fresh mint juice.
5. Lemon for acne – Lemon and Cucumber face mask
- Cucumber juice lightens scars and dark spots, and it tightens pores to make skin smoother. Peel and chop one cucumber. Put cucumber pieces in a blender and mix on high until smooth. Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of fresh cucumber juice. Use a cotton ball to apply to clean skin. Leave on 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water and pat dry. Repeat twice a day.
Go ahead and try these remedies and do let me know your experiences in the comments section below. Also spread the word by sharing this post to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest by clicking the share button.