Lavender oil uses have been used for thousands of years for cosmetic purposes, as well as for their spiritually and emotionally uplifting properties. It goes without saying that this essential oil smells great. It not only help you relax but have significant benefits for the skin too. The oil hydrates and heals your skin without clogging the pores. Plus, it helps deal with many skin conditions – from acne, dryness, aging to excessive oil. It also promotes hair growth and healthy scalp.
Benefits of Lavender oil uses on face and hair
- The oil has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that can fight the bacteria that cause acne and inflammation.
- It relieves itching and reduces the symptoms of eczema. It also decongests the irritated areas on the skin by adding moisture, thereby accelerating the healing process.
- The smell of lavender essential oil is potent for many types of bugs like mosquitoes, midges, and moths.
- Lavender essential oil is useful for hair care because it has been shown to be very effective on lice, lice eggs, and nuts. Furthermore, lavender essential oil has also been shown to be very helpful in the treatment of hair loss, particularly for patients who suffer from alopecia.
- It has anti-fungal properties which inhibit fungus to develop.
- It soothes the sunburn area as it has a cooling effect as well as antiseptic effect.
- It can be a great moisturizer for dry and chapped skin.
- It gives moisture to the area around eyes which removes the wrinkles associated with dryness.
- Lavender tones and makes your skin firm as it boosts circulation, thus resulting in an adequate supply of oxygen and nutrition to the skin cells. This helps in keeping the cells healthy and boosting their renewal process.
1. Lavender oil uses for acne
Lavender oil has antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties which help to get rid of acne and prevents future acne. Dab some lavender oil on your acne and pimples using a cotton or you can mix fresh lemon juice with lavender oil and dab on acne with cotton. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and wash it off. Do this thrice a day to remove acne and blemishes. For fast result leave the oil for overnight if possible.
2. Lavender oil uses for chapped and dry skin
Simply apply few drops of lavender oil to the cleaned skin to get relieve from the dry and chapped skin. You can also mix lavender oil with your moisturizer to prevent dryness from skin. Lavender oil can be a great moisturizer for dry lips and skin as it soothes the irritated area and heals the affected area.
3. Lavender oil uses to improve complexion
This oil detoxifies the skin and removes the dead skin cells to give a brighter and glowing face. Mix 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon honey and few drops of lavender oil and gently massage the face for 2-3 minutes and leave it for 20 minutes. After that wash it off and apply moisturizer.
4. Lavender oil uses for Dark Circles
It gives moisture to the area around eyes which removes the wrinkles associated with dryness and also fades age spots and dark spots and circles. It will also help to remove bags under eyes. Mix few drops of lavender oil to aloe vera gel and massage the eye area very gently. Keep it for 20-30 minutes and wash it off. Repeat daily for fast result.
5. Lavender oil uses for Wrinkles
A perfect anti-aging serum can’t be made without lavender oil. Mix 15 drops of lavender oil to 1 ounce of jojoba oil and also add 5 vitamin E capsules and store in a glass bottle. Apply on your face twice a day to remove wrinkles. Jojoba oil is a hydrating oil in the entire world.
6. Lavender oil uses for irritated scalp and dandruff
Lavender essential oil can help you get rid of dry itchy scalp and dandruff. Warm the required amount of olive/argan oil for 10-12 seconds and mix 10-15 drops of lavender oil. Massage the scalp gently for 5-10 minutes and wash it off after 1 hours with herbal shampoo or for overnight to get the fast result.
7. Lavender oil uses for hair lice
Lavender essential oil is useful for hair care because it has been shown to be very effective on lice, lice eggs, and nuts. Mix few drops of lavender oil to coconut oil and massage the scalp for 5-10 minutes with this mixture. Keep it for overnight and then wash it off with herbal shampoo.
8. Lavender oil uses for hair loss
Lavender oil is extremely effective in treating hair loss. Regular massage with this oil helps in controlling hair loss and improving hair growth by increasing blood circulation. Mix few drops of lavender oil With pure sweet almond oil and gently massage scalp for 5-10 minutes. Keep it for overnight and then wash it off with herbal shampoo. Repeat thrice a week for good result.
Go ahead and try these remedies and do let me know your experiences in the comments section below. Also spread the word by sharing this post to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest by clicking the share button.