(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Eczema is a skin condition that neither looks good nor feels good. It gives you heights of itching and irritation that makes your life miserable. Now its time for you to combat your eczema by using this shea butter and honey lotion bars for eczema. I will tell you why this lotion bar is very effective for eczema. It is all packed with the natural ingredients that help relieve eczema. It contains shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax, and essential oils.
This lotion bars for eczema help reduce inflammation, itching, irritation, and redness of your eczema. It helps moisturize and hydrate your dry skin. This lotion bar also stimulates cell regeneration. This helps in wound healing. So why not try this lotion bar to get relief from eczema.
Now before heading to the recipe let’s discuss the benefits of lotion bars for eczema.
Benefits Of Lotion Bars For Eczema
Shea Butter is a very effective ingredient for treating eczema. It helps moisturize your skin. It is a humectant which means it draws moisture from air to the surface of the skin. This way shea butter also hydrates your dry eczema skin. It has emollient properties which help in making your skin soft and reduce itching. It has vitamin A which has anti-inflammatory properties. This helps reduce swelling and redness of your eczema.
Beeswax is a natural wax produced by honey bees. It contains antibacterial properties which kill harmful bacteria infecting your skin. Hence it helps you get rid of harmful skin infections. It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and redness. It is also a great emollient for your eczema skin. Hence helps in relieving itching.
Coconut oil is very soothing for skin. Now when comes to eczema it has antibacterial and antifungal properties. This helps the skin to get rid of harmful bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms. Hence it is very effective in making your skin healthy. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties which would help heal your eczema. It contains lauric acid which is very healthy fatty acid for your skin and is effective in treating eczema.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree essential oil is another ingredient in this lotion bar that works great for healing eczema. It has powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties. It kills bacteria, fungi, and other harmful microorganisms to treat skin infection. It has anti-inflammatory properties. This helps reduce inflammation, redness and also relieve itching.
Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum essential oil is great for inflammatory skin ailments like eczema. It has anti-inflammatory properties that give relief from itching and irritation. It promotes cell regeneration. This helps in the healing of wounds.
Procedure For Lotion Bars For Eczema
- ½ cup coconut oil (Buy From Here)
- ½ cup shea butter (Buy From Here)
- ½ cup grated beeswax (Buy From Here)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin e oil (Buy From Here)
- 30 drops tea tree essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 20 drops helichrysum essential oil (Buy From Here)
- Using a double boiler system, melt coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax completely.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils and vitamin e oil and stir until mixed.
- Carefully pour into the silicon molds or whatever you will be allowing the lotion bars to harden in.
- Allow the lotion bars to cool completely before attempting to pop out of molds. These could be made in different shaped molds or made in a square baking pan and then cut into actual bars.
- Store in a cool or dry place for up to six months
- Apply it on affected area whenever needed.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.