(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Bananas are considered as a great source of energy as it contains a good amount of fiber, vitamins, and proteins. It is among the most popular healthy fruits on earth. Banana is not only good for health, it can also provide nutrients to the deep pores of your skin if it is applied topically on the skin and hair. Banana Hair Mask is one of the best masks for hair as it provides nutrients to the dull damaged hair, helps in hair growth or prevents hair loss and makes them soft & shiny. The banana Hair mask is good for all hair types and it is the best natural hair conditioner also. It also controls the flakiness of the scalp which further leads to dandruff due to lack of moisture.
Causes of hair damage
- Using a hard brush and brushing hair violently when wet.
- Chlorine from swimming pools, bleach, hair dyes and other salon treatments.
- Exposure to the sun.
- Excessive use of hair dryers, hair straighteners or hair curler.
- An unhealthy diet can affect the function of the hair follicles which disrupts hair growth.
- Certain medications or treatments damage the hair structure and ultimately lead to hair loss.
Let’s take a look at an effective banana hair mask recipe and the benefits of all the ingredients which will you get from them.
Benefits of Banana Hair Mask
Banana hair mask has powerful ingredients like yogurt, coconut milk, almond oil which benefit our hair a lot.
- While nutritional deficiencies may lead to hair loss, some studies indicate that vitamin B-6 present in banana promotes hair growth.
- Banana has vitamin A which helps to produce healthy sebum, an oily substance secreted by the scalp, which keeps hair from drying out and breaking off. It helps in controlling dandruff. Vitamin A prevents drying of the scalp and promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Yogurt or curd is quite an effective home remedy to add that lustrous sheen to dry and dull looking hair. It can help condition your hair and make it more manageable.
- The Vitamin E of banana is one of the most vital vitamins for hair growth, it’s an antioxidant that repairs and builds tissue, which is essential for healthy hair growth. It increases blood circulation, boosts oxygen supply, and repairs damaged hair follicles.
- The hair follicles require a high amount of protein to become strong, which can be provided by a healthy banana. It is the protein which makes the hair shinier and improves their texture. It can prove to be a quite capable conditioner. Protein helps the body to produce keratin, which is fundamental to the hair structure. When keratin weakens, hair strands are more prone to breakage.
- Almond oil accelerates blood circulation to the scalp, hence increasing hair growth. It works on nourishing the scalp and strengthening the roots with the help of essential nutrients.
- Coconut milk is the best natural ingredient to treat damaged hair. It’s full of antioxidants and nutrients to feed hair follicles that house the live part of the hair, encouraging hair growth.
- Coconut milk is a natural softener. This makes it a great hair conditioner that smoothens your hair.
Procedure For Banana Hair Mask
- Put banana and aloe vera juice into the blender and blend until no banana chunks are left.
- Now, strain the banana liquid through a strainer to avoid any banana chunks.
- Then, add yogurt, coconut milk, and almond oil to the banana mixture and make a liquidy paste.
- Make a partition of your hair with your hand and apply the banana hair mask to the scalp and hairs.
- Cover your hair and scalp with hair mask completely and wear a shower cap.
- Rinse it off after 30-40 minutes with normal water.
- Repeat it at least once