Bananas are considered as a great source of energy as it contains a good amount of fiber, vitamins, and proteins. It is among the most popular healthy fruits on earth. Banana is not only good for health, it can also provide nutrients to the deep pores of your skin if it is applied topically on the skin and hair. Banana Hair Mask is one of the best masks for hair as it provides nutrients to the dull damaged hair, helps in hair growth or prevents hair loss and makes them soft & shiny. Banana Hair mask is good for all hair types and it is the best natural hair conditioner also. It also controls the flakiness of the scalp which further leads to dandruff due to lack of moisture.
Causes of hair damage
- Using a hard brush and brushing hair violently when wet.
- Chlorine from swimming pools, bleach, hair dyes and other salon treatments.
- Exposure to the sun.
- Excessive use of hair dryers, hair straighteners or hair curler.
- An unhealthy diet can affect the function of the hair follicles which disrupts hair growth.
- Certain medications or treatments damage the hair structure and ultimately lead to hair loss.
Let’s take a look at an effective banana hair mask recipe and the benefits of all the ingredients which will you get from them.
Benefits of Banana Hair Mask
Banana hair mask has powerful ingredients like yogurt, honey, castor oil which benefit our hair a lot.
- While nutritional deficiencies may lead to hair loss, some studies indicate that vitamin B-6 present in banana promotes hair growth.
- Banana has vitamin A which helps to produce healthy sebum, an oily substance secreted by the scalp, which keeps hair from drying out and breaking off. It helps in controlling dandruff. Vitamin A prevents drying of the scalp and promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Yogurt or curd is quite an effective home remedy to add that lustrous sheen to dry and dull looking hair. It can help condition your hair and make it more manageable.
- The Vitamin E of banana is one of the most vital vitamins for hair growth, it’s an antioxidant that repairs and builds tissue, which is essential for healthy hair growth. It increases blood circulation, boosts oxygen supply, and repairs damaged hair follicles.
- The hair follicles require a high amount of protein to become strong, which can be provided by healthy banana. It is the protein which makes the hair shinier and improves their texture. It can prove to be a quite capable conditioner. Protein helps the body to produce keratin, which is fundamental to the hair structure. When keratin weakens, hair strands are more prone to breakage.
- Castor oil carries ricinoleic acid and omega- 6 essential fatty acids, which accelerate blood circulation to the scalp, hence increasing hair growth. It works on nourishing the scalp and strengthening the roots with the help of essential nutrients.
- A natural humectant, honey attracts moisture. It’s also full of antioxidants and nutrients to feed hair follicles that house the live part of the hair, encouraging hair growth.
- Honey is an emollient which means it is a natural softener. This makes it a great hair conditioner that smoothens your hair.
Procedure of Banana Face Mask
- 1 big ripe banana or as per hair requirement
- 2 tablespoon castor oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoon yogurt or curd
- Peel off the banana and mash them into a fine paste or grind it in a blender.
- Now add all the ingredients and mix well.
How to apply
- Make a partition of your hair with your hand and apply the banana hair mask to the scalp and hairs.
- Cover your hair and scalp with hair mask completely and wear a shower cap.
- Rinse it off after 30-40 minutes with normal water.
- Repeat it at least once in a week.
- This will repair your damaged hair, boost hair growth and make them soft and shiny.
Because there are many factors that can cause dryness, damage, and breakage for hair, it is necessary to have a supplement that will replenish moisture and strength. But much like moisturizer, a hair mask will work more efficiently if it’s tailored to your hair type. And once you have a mask that will work keep your locks healthy, make sure to use it at least once a week in place of your usual conditioner.
Go ahead and try these remedies and do let me know your experiences in the comments section below. Also spread the word by sharing this post to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest by clicking the share button.