(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
After sun protection, body moisturizer is the most important element of any skin-care routine. Your skin tackles cold, heat and dry weather every day which in result your skin gets dry, flaky and dull. Moisturizer or body lotion doesn’t just add water back into your skin, it also makes skin soft, prevents premature aging and plumps the skin. To give sufficient nutrients to your skin, I have made an anti-aging body lotion. It moisturizes skin perfectly while giving anti-aging benefits. Let’s take a look at what are the benefits of this DIY anti-aging lotion.
Benefits Of DIY Anti-aging Body Lotion
- Frankincense essential oil makes your skin soft and smooth. It can help in fading away acne, surgery marks, stretch marks and other types of scars from the skin. Frankincense helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines by regenerating healthy skin cells. It is also great for tightening up sagging skin, evening tone, and balancing skin’s pH.
- Rosehip seed oil can help reduce dullness and leave you with glowing, vibrant skin. It is high in vitamins A and C. Vitamin A encourages skin cell turnover and vitamin C also aids in cell regeneration, boosting collagen and overall radiance. It also contains vitamin E, an antioxidant known for its anti-inflammatory effects and makes skin healthy.
- Pomegranate seed oil reverses skin damage, revive skin and reveal a more youthful appearance. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties and it also fends off free radicals to keep skin aging at bay. It also provides protection against sun damage. Pomegranate seed oil penetrates deeply into the skin, creating lasting and healthy moisture.
- Shea butter boots skin’s natural collagen production and nourish the skin to prevent drying. It also helps in skin softening and strengthening as well as wrinkle reduction.
- Geranium essential oil has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which is why it was used in ancient herbal remedies for treating wounds, cuts, acne, and injuries. The astringent properties of the geranium essential oil are said to help tighten the skin, which can help minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It also contains fatty acids, the nutrient needed to help build healthy skin cells.
Procedure to make DIY Anti-aging Body Lotion
- 16 oz. container (Buy From Here)
- 12 oz. Distilled Water (Buy From Here) OR Aloe Vera Juice (Buy From Here)
- 1 oz. Pomegranate Seed Oil (Buy From Here)
- 1 oz. Rosehip Seed Oil (Buy From Here)
- 0.3 oz. Shea Butter (Buy From Here)
- 1 oz. Polawax Emulsifying Wax (Buy From Here)
- 0.4 oz. Cetearyl Alcohol (Buy From Here)
- 0.5 0z vegetable glycerine (Buy From Here)
- 30 drops Frankincense Essential Oil (Buy From Here)
- 20 drops Geranium Essential Oil (Buy From Here)
- 5 mL Optiphen Preservative (Buy From Here)
- EQUIPMENT PREP: Disinfect your utensils by dipping them in a 5% bleach water solution and allowing to dry. This includes mixing containers, your stick blender, and any spoons or spatulas that may come in contact with your lotion. Your products must be as free as possible of germs, bacteria, and microbes.
- In a heat-safe container, combine the rosehip seed oil, pomegranate seed oil, shea butter, Polawax Emulsifying Wax, and Cetearyl alcohol. Heat the container in the microwave in 30-second bursts until the waxes have fully melted and the mixture is about 160° F.
- Pour the distilled water or aloe vera juice into a second heat-safe container. Heat in the microwave to about 160° F.
- Check the temperatures of both containers. Each should be about 140–150° F. Once they are at the correct temperature, pour the oils and wax into the water and begin pulsing the stick blender. Blend the mixture for 60 – 90 seconds, making sure the oil and water phases are fully emulsified. Be careful to “burp” your stick blender by tamping it on the bottom of the container to release bubbles — you don’t want bubbles trapped in your lotion.
- Continue stick blending until the temperature drops to about 130° F. Add the glycerine and use the stick blender to pulse for about 60 seconds to fully mix in.
- Check the temperature of the mixture. Once it is 130° F or below, add essential oils and stick blend for several minutes. Once mixed in, add the Optiphen and continue to stick blend for about 1-2 minutes more.
- Carefully pour the lotion into containers. Let the containers sit overnight without a cap (otherwise, condensation can form inside the container). Once completely cooled, place the caps on the container and enjoy!
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the face oil bottle away from light.
Ready to reverse your aging skin?
If you are really looking to reverse your aging skin, then you have to check out my free ebook on 5 Anti Aging Rosehip Oil Skin Care Recipes.
In this ebook, I reveal the 5 rosehip oil recipes which I highly recommend to reverse your aging skin. Best of all, its free and you will receive more natural beauty advice and best offers!