(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
After sun protection, body moisturizer is the most important element of any skin-care routine. Your skin tackles cold, heat and dry weather every day which in result your skin gets dry, flaky and dull. Moisturizer or body lotion doesn’t just add water back into your skin, it also makes skin soft, prevents premature aging and plumps the skin. To give sufficient nutrients to your skin, I have made an anti-aging body lotion. It moisturizes skin perfectly while giving anti-aging benefits. Let’s take a look at what are the benefits of this DIY anti-aging lotion.
Benefits Of DIY Anti-aging Body Lotion
- Frankincense essential oil makes your skin soft and smooth. It can help in fading away acne, surgery marks, stretch marks and other types of scars from the skin. Frankincense helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines by regenerating healthy skin cells. It is also great for tightening up sagging skin, evening tone, and balancing skin’s pH.
- Rosehip seed oil can help reduce dullness and leave you with glowing, vibrant skin. It is high in vitamins A and C. Vitamin A encourages skin cell turnover and vitamin C also aids in cell regeneration, boosting collagen and overall radiance. It also contains vitamin E, an antioxidant known for its anti-inflammatory effects and makes skin healthy.
- Pomegranate seed oil reverses skin damage, revive skin and reveal a more youthful appearance. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties and it also fends off free radicals to keep skin aging at bay. It also provides protection against sun damage. Pomegranate seed oil penetrates deeply into the skin, creating lasting and healthy moisture.
- Shea butter boots skin’s natural collagen production and nourish the skin to prevent drying. It also helps in skin softening and strengthening as well as wrinkle reduction.
- Geranium essential oil has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which is why it was used in ancient herbal remedies for treating wounds, cuts, acne, and injuries. The astringent properties of the geranium essential oil are said to help tighten the skin, which can help minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It also contains fatty acids, the nutrient needed to help build healthy skin cells.
Procedure to make DIY Anti-aging Body Lotion
- 16 oz. container (Buy From Here)
- 1 cup distilled water (Buy From Here) OR aloe vera juice (Buy From Here)
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seed oil (Buy From Here)
- 2 tablespoon rosehip seed oil (Buy From Here)
- 4 tablespoon shea butter (Buy From Here)
- 1.5 tablespoon emulsifying wax NF (Buy From Here)
- ½ tablespoon cetearyl alcohol (Buy From Here)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerine (Buy From Here)
- 30 drops Frankincense Essential Oil (Buy From Here)
- 20 drops Geranium Essential Oil (Buy From Here)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid germall plus preservative (Buy From Here)
- EQUIPMENT PREP: Disinfect your utensils by dipping them in a 5% bleach water solution and allowing to dry. This includes mixing containers, your stick blender, and any spoons or spatulas that may come in contact with your lotion. Your products must be as free as possible of germs, bacteria, and microbes.
- Put some water(1-inch level) in a wide flat bottomed pan and simmer it over low to medium-low heat.
- Put the distilled water or aloe juice into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place the measuring cup in your prepared water.
- Now, put rosehip oil, pomegranate seed oil, shea butter, cetearyl alcohol, and emulsifying wax NF into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place that measuring cup in the prepared water as well.
- Heat both parts through for 20-30 minutes; this ensures the oil part is thoroughly melted.
- After 20-30 minutes, pour the water part(distilled water or aloe juice) into the oil part. Remove both measuring cups from the water and set it on a dishtowel to insulate it from the countertop.
- Then, immediately blend the solution together using an immersion blender. After a minute or two of blending, leave it to cool for 10-15 minutes before returning to blend it some more.
- Blend the mixture a few more times until the cream is only a bit warmer than room temperature, and then mix liquid germall plus, glycerine and all essential oils.
- Transfer the cream into an airtight container.
- Apply the cream whenever you needed.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Keep the face oil bottle away from light.