(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
A wrinkle is such a skin condition that makes you look older than your actual age. It definitely prohibits the reflection of your skin’s true beauty. But this rosehip oil face cream is really a problem solver. This all natural face cream is very effective in reducing wrinkles, dark spots and heals dry skin. It helps tighten your skin while improving collagen level in your skin. This would make your skin look youthful and naturally glowing.
This rosehip oil face cream contains some best natural ingredients that help reduce wrinkles, pigmentations and moisturizes dry and damaged skin. This face cream has rosehip oil and vitamin E oil. I have also used some essential oils in it. Essential oils boost the effectiveness of this face cream for reducing wrinkles. So, why not make this rosehip face cream at home and get youthful and gorgeous skin.
Before getting to the recipe, let’s take a look at what are the benefits of rosehip face cream for wrinkles.
Benefits Of Rosehip Oil Face Cream
Rosehip oil is very effective for reducing wrinkles. The credit goes to its powerful antioxidant properties. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E which are all antioxidants. These vitamins fight free radicals and prevent cell damage. Cell damage by free radicals is one of the main reason for the development of wrinkles. Hence rosehip oil is able to reduce the appearance of wrinkles by fighting free radicals.
It is high in essential fatty acids namely linolenic acid(omega-3) and linoleic acid(omega-6). These essential fatty acids are very important for healthy regeneration of cell. These fatty acids also produce the skin’s natural oil barrier(sebum). This prevents the moisture from evaporating. This makes your skin cells stay hydrated. Hence makes your skin look youthful.
Vitamin E oil is also effective in protecting skin cells from damage-causing free radicals. This would help reduce wrinkles or any other signs of aging. It also provides many other benefits to your skin such as removal of scars, wound healing, heal dry skin etc.
Frankincense essential oil has astringent properties that help tighten pores. This reduces the appearance of wrinkles. It promotes the production of collagen in your skin. This improves the elasticity and strength of your skin. Hence helps in skin tightening.
Rose essential oil improves the blood flow to your skin. Increased blood flow makes your skin gives the required amounts of oxygen. This gives your complexion a youthful, pinkish glow and makes your skin look smoother. It improves the elasticity of your skin by maintaining collagen in your skin. This helps smooth out wrinkles.
Procedure For Rosehip Oil Face Cream
- 71g distilled water (Buy From Here)
- 1g allantoin (Buy From Here)
- 2g vegetable glycerin (Buy From Here)
- 2g silk peptides (Buy From Here)
- 10g rosehip oil (Buy From Here)
- 5g shea butter (Buy From Here)
- 2g cetearyl alcohol (Buy From Here)
- 5g Emulsifying Wax NF (Buy From Here)
- 2g vitamin E oil (Buy From Here)
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 5 drops rose essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 0.5g liquid germall plus (Buy From Here)
- Put some water(1-inch level) in a wide flat bottomed pan and simmer it over low to medium-low heat.
- Put the water, allantoin powder, glycerin, and silk peptides into a small heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place the measuring cup in your prepared water to melt everything through.
- Now, put rosehip oil, shea butter, Cetearyl alcohol, and emulsifying wax NF into a second heat-resistant glass measuring cup and place that measuring cup in the prepared water as well.
- Heat both parts through for 20-30 minutes; this ensures the oil part is thoroughly melted and helps the allantoin and silk fully dissolve in the water part.
- After 20-30 minutes, pour the water part into the oil part. Remove both measuring cups from the water and set it on a dishtowel to insulate it from the countertop.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the solution together. After a minute or two of blending, leave it to cool for 10 minutes before returning to blend it some more.
- Blend the mixture a few more times until the cream is only a bit warmer than room temperature, and then mix vitamin E, liquid germall plus, and essential oils.
- Transfer the cream into a glass or tin container.
- Apply this cream twice a day on a cleansed face.
2. Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
3. Allantoin has been used to treat or prevent dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations.
4. Cetearyl Alcohol is a mixture of fatty alcohols consisting predominantly of cetyl and stearyl alcohols found in plants, like Coconut and Palm oils. It is used in cosmetics as a stabilizer to thicken an emulsion and keep it from separating. It also contains emollient properties which leave skin soft and smooth.
5. Silk Peptide Powder imparts a silky, smooth feel to formulations. The silk protein helps balance moisture. It supports skin elasticity and shiny, healthy, strong hair.
6. Keep the face oil bottle away from light.