(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Shaving has become an essential part of our life. Men and women both don’t want to have unwanted hairs on their body. If we don’t shave, we look improper and look as if we don’t care about hygiene.
There are many canned shaving foam and gels in the market but all of them are filled with harmful chemicals which can destroy our skin. But we don’t have to worry because this homemade tea tree oil shaving cream will nourish your skin and prevents from further damaging. This shaving cream is made with effective ingredients they have many benefits for the skin. Let’s see what are the benefits of homemade tea tree oil shaving cream.
Why should you start using Homemade Tea Tee Oil Shaving Cream?
Shaving creams are definitely one of the most diverse products out there in the market and they are sold in the form of cream, foam, gel, and soap. But we don’t know the true impact of using canned shaving cream on the skin. Canned shaving cream contains multiple ingredients and chemicals that can be damaging to the skin after habitual use. Here are some of the reasons why you shouldn’t use shaving cream available in the market:
- It contains Propylene Glycol which is a derivative of petroleum. This chemical compound makes the layers beneath the skin dry and strips away your skins essential oils.
- It has Mineral Oil which also comes from petroleum and it is added to protect our skin from dryness but instead of providing the skin with nutrients like other oils, mineral oil actually blocks the skin pores and inhibits them from releasing toxins. It has also been shown to encourage premature aging.
- It dehydrates the skin which ultimately leads to skin irritation, ingrown hairs, and razor bumps.
The Benefits of using Homemade Tea Tree Oil Shaving Cream
This shaving cream is made with most effective natural ingredients which protect, hydrate, rejuvenate and moisturize your skin. It does not strip away your natural skin oil and also there are many benefits of each ingredient used in shaving cream. The benefits are
The lauric acid in the coconut oil that acts as the antibacterial agent which treats acne, razor bumps boils etc. It exfoliates the dead skin cells and unclogs blocked pores which are the main reason for ingrown hairs or razor bumps, it calms and soothes razor burns. Due to saturated fats, it melts on the skin when it is being applied and it easily seeps into the skin pores, moisturizing deeply.
Shea Butter has shown to be a superb moisturizer, with exceptional healing properties for the skin. It is an all natural healing Vitamin A cream. It has several derivatives of cinnamic acid that exhibit anti-inflammatory properties too. Vitamin E found in shea butter has cell regenerative property. When applied to the skin, vitamin E helps in providing relief from dryness and makes skin smooth.
Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E oil supports new skin cell growth and speeding up cell regeneration. It can also work to hydrate and moisturize dry skin. It also helps in lightening dark spots and dark pores on the skin.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Anti-microbial and antiseptic properties of tea tree oil kill harmful microbes and protect the skin from getting infected.It removes acne, razor bumps, ingrown hairs, acne scars and keeps skin hydrated. (Check tea tree oil face cleanser for acne prone skin)
Castile soap contains only vegetable-based ingredients such as coconut oil, olive oil, hemp oil and jojoba oil, along with water and essential oils. It does not strip away your skin’s natural oil. It does not contain any harmful chemical and its safe to use even on sensitive skin. It cleanses your skin very effectively and makes it clear from dirt.
Procedure for Homemade Tea Tree Oil Shaving Cream
- ⅓ cup organic virgin coconut oil (Buy From Here)
- ⅓ cup organic shea butter (Buy From Here)
- 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap (Buy From Here)
- 2 tablespoon vitamin E oil or 4-5 vitamin E capsules (Buy From Here)
- 20 drops of tea tree essential oil (Buy From Here)
- 8-10 oz glass container (Buy From Here)
- In a large mixing bowl or the mixing bowl of your stand mixer, combine the shea butter, vitamin E oil, and coconut oil until well combined. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use a hand mixer. Mix until it has fluffed up to nearly double or triple it’s the original amount. This usually takes 5-7 minutes, but your times may vary.
- Now, add tea tree essential oil and liquid castile soap and whip the cream again for 1-2 minutes or until it is well combined.
- Store it in an airtight glass container.
- In bathrooms or bedrooms that are really warm, it will liquify a bit. It’s okay if that happens, just whip it back up or keep it in the refrigerator for 5 minutes before using.
- Take hot shower or bath for about 10-15 minutes before you start shaving. This will soften the hair and open up follicles.
- Lather up your legs with this moisturizing tea tree oil shaving cream to make sure the razor glides easily over your skin.
- Only shave in the direction your hair grows like down the leg. If you have very sensitive skin, don't shave upward at all. While going "against the grain" may get you a closer shave, but it also increases the possibility of irritation, ingrown hairs, razor bumps, and cuts.
- Apply body lotion or body butter after shaving.
2. This shaving cream may not be very good in hot and humid areas because of the melt. Though you can mix it up, then store in the fridge. That will help prevent from melting down. Let it come to room temperature before using, whip back up and you should be good to go.