(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Coconut oil is becoming popular in cosmetic industries because of its healing properties. It shows many medicinal properties which keep skin healthy and clear. It is considered as a great moisturizer as well as an important ingredient which can treat several skin issues including dark spots, scars, fine lines around eyes, acne, and eczema. If coconut oil is used in daily skin care routine, it can make your skin hydrated and glowing. So, applying coconut oil face mask can be a great option to get the bright and gorgeous skin.
Scientific research into the benefits of coconut oil for skin and face care has shown that it contains antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. For example, research published in the Natural Medicine Journal said that coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids which have an antimicrobial effect. The main fatty acid is lauric acid which plays a vital role in killing off various bacterial and fungal infections on the skin. (Source)
Benefits of coconut oil face mask
- Coconut oil is light in texture and deeply absorbed by the skin pores without leaving any greasy residue. The saturated fats present in coconut oil acts as a great moisturizer for all types of skin and heals dry skin and prevents moisture loss of skin.
- It is a great exfoliator as it removes dead skin cells and dirt while making skin soft and hydrated. The antibacterial properties i.e Caprylic acid of coconut oil protect the skin from microbes and reduce the risk of bacterial infections worsening acne. It helps to treat and calm the fungal infection like ringworm and yeast infection due to its anti-fungal property.
- Coconut oil can prevent premature aging as it contains essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin E which act as a physical barrier to dust and other environmental pollutants while sealing in skin moisture. Its antioxidant action reduces oxidative damage. It keeps the skin smooth and supple by promoting collagen formation. It is essential for healthy skin growth, repair of wear & tear on the skin, keeping skin smooth and protecting against cracking.
- Coconut oil is rich in many proteins. These proteins keep skin healthy and rejuvenated, both internally and externally. Proteins also contribute to the cellular health and tissue repair and reverse the damages done by the microbes.
7 Powerful Coconut Oil Face Mask
1. Coconut oil face mask or scrub for clear skin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (Buy From Here)
- 2 tablespoon ground rolled/old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey (Buy From Here)
Combine coconut oil, honey, and ground oats and mix it well. Apply the scrub to your cleansed face and give a gentle circular massage to your skin except for eye area. Keep it for 20 minutes and wipe it off with a wet cloth. Repeat this remedy for 2-3 times in a week to get a clear skin.
Oatmeal and coconut oil both are suitable for all skin types, and even for the most sensitive skin because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It a great natural skin cleanser. It has anti-oxidant properties and helps undo the damage. It has natural exfoliant properties, so it helps in getting the removal of blackheads and dead cells, leading to a brighter complexion. Honey is a great natural moisturizer that keeps skin hydrated.
2. Coconut oil face mask for dark spots
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (Buy From Here)
- 2 drops of lavender oil (Buy From Here)
- 2 drops of frankincense oil (Buy From Here)
Take a small glass dropper bottle and put all the ingredients into it and shake the bottle well. Apply it to your cleansed face and massage it for 5 minutes. You can apply it as a face serum or remove it with a damp cloth after 1 hour. Do this remedy daily until you get the desired result.
This coconut oil face mask can be used as a daily face serum to get the gorgeous and healthy skin. The lavender and frankincense oil have powerful astringent capabilities. They can help to eliminate dark spots, sun spots, remove micro-wrinkles around the eyes and cheeks, and generally tone and tighten skin all over your body, while simultaneously replacing old or dying cells with new, healthy ones! And heals the scar also. When applied to the skin, they improve blood circulation and heal burns, cuts, and bruises.
3. Moisturizing coconut oil face mask for dry skin
Mix both the ingredients in a bowl and apply it to your cleansed face. Give a gentle circular massage to your face for about 5-7 minutes. Keep this mask for about 30 minutes and wipe it off with a damp cloth. Do this remedy daily to get rid of the dry and flaky skin.
The enzymes in raw honey clarify, hydrate and nourish skin and keep pores clear and clean. Plus, the antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of honey prevent bacterial buildup that can lead to skin imbalances and breakouts. Honey helps to decrease the appearances of scars and increase healing and tissue regeneration. The hydrating properties of honey and coconut oil help revive skin cells, while regular, gentle massaging will increase circulation to aid skin recovery and cell turnover.
4. Exfoliating coconut oil face mask for deep clean
Mix coconut oil and baking in a bowl and apply it to your cleansed face. Massage your face for about 2-3 minutes and wash it off with normal water after 5-10 minutes. Do this twice a week to get the clear and glowing skin.
Baking soda has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which kill the microbes causing acne or pimples, razor bumps and reduces the inflammation of acne. It draws out the excess oil from the skin by unclogging skin pores and gives a healthy glow to the skin. It is a good exfoliator as it has tiny granules which deep cleanse the hair follicle and removes the dirt and dead skin cells. It is a perfect remedy for removing dark spots, blackheads and acne scars due to its deep pore cleansing properties and give a way to regenerate new skin cells.
The lauric acid in the coconut oil that acts as the antibacterial agent which treats acne. Due to saturated fats, it melts on the skin when it is being applied and it easily seeps into the skin pores, moisturizing deeply. It preserves the smoothness of the skin by keeping it wrinkle-free.
5. Skin firming coconut oil face mask
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (Buy From Here)
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric (Buy From Here)
- 1 tablespoon fresh yogurt
Mix all the ingredients and apply it to your cleansed face and neck. Keep it for 30 minutes and wash it with normal water. Repeat this remedy for 2-3 times in a week to get the bright skin.
Vitamin C present in turmeric lightens the dark spots and patches and maintains the skin firmness and tautness by building up collagen. The anti-oxidant property helps fight signs of aging like wrinkles. Also, it has vitamin B6 necessary for new skin cell formation i.e. it regenerates skin cells fast and has magnesium for youthful radiant skin which also contributes in slowing down the aging process of the skin.
Turmeric mask mixed with coconut oil is helpful in treating dry skin as well as oily skin. It moisturizes and softens the skin and also it controls oil, removes dirt and clears clogged pores, which in turn it helps oily skin too. Zinc component present in yogurt slows down the aging process and reduces wrinkles and fine lines. It reduces dark spots and acne scars and lightens the skin discoloration. It contains vitamin B2 which encourages new and healthy cell growth.
6. Skin brightening coconut oil face mask
Mix both the ingredients in a small container and apply it to your all over cleansed face and neck. You can keep it as a face serum or wipe it off after 1 hour. Do this daily to get the bright skin. Keep this face serum in a glass container for further use and make sure to shake well before any application.
Vitamin E Oil helps fight the effect of free radicals that cause signs of aging like wrinkles, age spots, and dark circles. It’s an antioxidant which is a food for a hydrated and nourished skin. It helps in regeneration of new cells making skin bright and free from dark spots and scars. Vitamin e oil mixed with coconut oil can be a great moisturizing face serum as coconut oil helps to exfoliate dead cells while giving anti-microbial effect on the skin.
7. Overnight anti-aging coconut oil face mask
Mix both the ingredients in a small container and apply it to your all over cleansed face and neck. You can keep it as a face serum or wipe it off after 1 hour. Do this daily to get the glowing and youthful skin. Keep this face serum in a glass container for further use and make sure to shake well before any application.
Pomegranate seed oil stimulates “keratinocytes”, major cells found in the outer layer of the skin. This helps to reverse skin damage, revive skin and reveal a more youthful appearance. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties and helps to protect the skin from free radicals and to keep skin aging at bay. It also provides protection against sun damage.
This face mask or serum gets easily absorbed deeply into the skin without leaving any greasy residue behind and makes skin hydrated. It helps with collagen production, firming the skin. It also regulates the sebaceous gland that helps to control skin oil production.
- Some of the face masks contain essential oils so be sure to do a patch test to make sure your skin does not have an adverse reaction to the oils. The inner forearm is a great place to do a test since the skin is delicate, similar to facial skin.
- Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. So be sure to do your homework beforehand.